I bought a new car

Thrasher

Wheeee!
A scary endeavour. After a month of comparison shopping and test driving and reading reliability reports, resale value, depreciation, it all came down to what was most fun to drive/play music/use/sit in, most tech, most reliable and safe, with decent mileage, and didn't make me go completely broke.

My choice:

2014-Infiniti-Q50-Sport-in-Moonlight-White.jpg

imgres

Last edited:
I want one myself!
Not that color though. I love those eyehurting ones. ;)

haha. Thanks all. The short list came down to a Mustang, BMW 320i, and a Suburu Impressa. The tech, stereo, fun factor, reliability, ease of use, estimated ownership cost over the lifetime, and interior appointments were the final deciding factors.

Nice car. I just went through that myself on Sunday. My Dad came to visit for first time in 7 years and we were driving up to San Francisco and my car blew a head gasket and I think thermostat was stuck so it overheated repeatedly on a road with no service stations. The car was 14 years old and head gasket issues are well documented so I knew it was over but luckily had a gallon of water in the trunk. I somehow nursed it back home somehow but it literally died on the street in front of my garage.

The remainder of the day was car shopping. Sort of wish I had 1 month to comparison shop but I didn't. Visited 3 dealers (on a street with about 20) and test drove what I liked and found best deal I could live with. Ended up with Preowned Nissan Altima 2012 which was previously a leased car and in pristine condition with several minor upgrades like the integrated bluetooth, auto dimming rear view mirror, compass (really WTF do you need a compass in the rear view mirror for), …. At the moment I think I got a good deal especially after seeing what some of those dealers were trying pass off for the same amount of money.

Hardest part was negotiating with the dealer on the trade in as the odometer was broken. Second hardest was getting them to drop the requirement to list friends names and phone numbers on the credit application (seriously why is that a requirement). I ended paying cash but never play that card until locking in all the rebates since they lose money if you don't use their credit services. I think Dad preferred the car shopping to visiting SF anyway but we did make it to Alcatraz eventually.

72200244-640.jpg

Nice!

I may have played my cards wrong. I thought if I mentioned cash up front they'd be willing to give me a better deal since they wouldn't have to deal with extra loan paperwork. They still tried to get me to take a loan for 3 months and pay it off immediately, so they could get the signing bonus from Infiniti. Sleazy finance trick I wanted no part of. :)

Shame on you.
Then again, if they didn't offer sex as a thanks... :evilgrin:

Nice! Grats! AWD and 350 hp? I need to get a new one myself and thought about those. I bike alot tho and currently have a hatchback and its just been to useful to throw my bike inside the car. I'll probably get one of the new GTIs that just came out in a few months.

my new car.jpgBought one in March. I've always loved Impalas, but the last several years the car has had a box design. They finally modified the looks again and I love the size and power of the car.

Back
Top Bottom