What games are you playing now?

Oh yeah, Minecraft is becoming one of my all time favorite games, and it's still in the beta.

It's just so open-ended, it's the epitome of sandbox gameplay. If you want to build, then build to your heart's content. Build a tower w/ lava flowing from the top of it, standing on the edge of your territory, build a bridge. Build your own castle, or dungeon. Build a full-scale Sphinx. If you want to explore, tunnel down into the earth or set out over the horizon. If you want to fight or play a survival game, go hunting after dark or explore the dark caverns below.
It's terribly addicting, and death in the game only spurs me on further….

I broke away from it for a little while to play one my early birthday gifts - Dragon Age II. A game that I swore I'd never buy, and didnt want to particularly play was gifted by my fiancee. Funny in a way. About an hour in, and it doesnt seem too bad. I cant reallly comment on it too much at this point.

Thinking about installing Minecraft on my pc here at work so I can play it at lunch…

Thinking about installing Minecraft on my pc here at work so I can play it at lunch…
Not a good plan, Sammy. You've got the bug bad... "Lunch" becomes "lunch and breaks" becomes "lunch and breaks and while waiting for a meeting to start" becomes "any time I won't get caught". The tigress probably won't be terribly understanding if your explanation for getting pinkslip'd involves extremely impressive lava fountains. ;)

LOL!

@Wulf

I've been meaning to replay POR2. First time through was with a sorcerer/thief and paladin/cleric. They were quite a powerhouse since I took no XP robbing NPCs.

I want to try out a monk/cleric barbarian/thief duo plus the NPC sorcerer you can pick up early.

My wife bought me Elemental-War of Magic yesterday on a half-price sale a local computer/software shop was running this weekend, she had remembered me being very interested in the game last year and not buying it because of the release debacle.

So just patched it up to ver. 1.11, I hope it's decent now as I haven't really been following the latest news on the game other than the Fallen Enchantress stuff.
I really do need something other than AoWSM to play in this genre I love so much.

To many games not enough time, but I am playing in order of time alloted:

RIFT (an MMO)
DA2 (second time through)
Divinity 2
King Arthur - The RP Wargame
Fallout 3 (which I may never finish at this point time is so tight)

PC:
- Dragon Age 2
- Venetica
- Avadon
- Shogun: Total War 2
- Xenus II
- Trying to replay tons of stuff ...

Mac:
- Din's Curse Demon War
- Bunch of G5 games for review (Virtual City, Mystery of the Crystal Portal, etc)

PSP
- Phantom Brave (sRPG)
- Ys Chronicles 1 & 2

DS
- Dragon Quest VI (had to charge it because it sees so little use)

iPad / iPod Touch
... tons of various things ...

EGAD!

I'm on a bit of a nostalgic run:
Planescape: Torment
Half Life
Neverwinter Nights

I've been playing a lot of shooters lately. I played through Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 recently, and now I've been playing Bulletstorm the last few days.

It seems ok so far, but the PC port is sloppy. One of my biggest pet peeves in a shooter is when they don't include an option to disable the crosshairs, which is usually what happens when it was developed primarily for consoles.

I have been Playing Crysis (the first one) in the last couple days, and installed its expansion Crysis: Warhead. Planned to pick up it sequel soon. Also spent several hours on Dragon Age 2 - the first impression is pretty much so-so. I bought Mafia 2 on the cheap in December last year, and Dead Space 2 last month but haven't touch both of them yet.

Sammy playing Minecraft - holy macaroni….:D

Currently in the home straights (again) of PoR:Ruins of Myth Drannor. Using a rogue, two elven bowgirls and a monk.

Probably one of the best traditional rpg's of the SSI Forgotten Realms era - though it won't suit some of todays casual gamers.

Next will try for minimal team - maybe even down to one single player - difficult but who knows !!

what are you playing that on, couldn't get it to run on win-7 64 bit?

Yep, we have two win7x64 machines running Minecraft here, beta version 1.03_1.

It's finally taken a backseat to the birthday games I've gotten tho, DA2 & Warhammer40kII:Retribution.

However, now even those have been supplanted by the juggernaut that is the Sims Medieval. Yeah, it's got it's claws in me pretty deep… I'm playing a Sims game, it's the beginning of the end. Pretty soon I'll be playing those match 3 games, Sudoku, and those friggen godawful facebook games..

Playing Gothic 3, which is better than I remember. Last time I played it, I gave up within a couple of hours in disgust. Ahhh, the magic of patches.

@sakichop,

I couldn't get PoR to run on Win-7 64 bit or 32 bit, same with some other older games waiting to be played so reverted back to win-xp and PoR runs like a dream

I just raided the local electronics store and emptied the bargain bin. I bought Dawn of Magic 2, Drakensang and Star Wars: Republic Heroes (to play with Sonny). So far, I'm having fun with all three of them…
Republic Heroes has horrible controls, but you can't die which is good because that way the kid is not frustrated when his toon jumps into the canyon for the umpteenth time.
Drakensang seems to be pretty solid so far, and I like the humor.
I'm also having a lot of fun with Dawn of Magic 2. Wouldn't have paid full price for this one, either, and I have no idea how my gypsy acquired her spiked tail, but that's half the fun - what will your char look like in the end? You never really now…
Translation and voice acting are rather… um… erratic. While a patch fixes the switching between different languages (related to voices), translation is still a little bit off, plus the Goblins speak English. But as this error, at least, is consistent, I filed it under 'species-related skills'.

Bought & began "Neopets Puzzle Adventure" today ... It was developed by the makers of Puzzle Quest - and you can see it.

Sadly, the "bord game" is different : It's like the "connect four" game, very much like it, but with variations.

I had hoped to get a "board game" similar to that of Puzzle Quest, but no ...
Apart from that, it's quite a nice game.

recently been playing FEAR

Having some good old beat-em-down fun w/ Street Fighter 4 on the Xbox.

Playing lots of Sims Medieval too, using lots of familiar names for the toons..

My evil, licentious Jacoban priest, Father Dimmu:
sims_med01.jpg

the Knight Geralt training the spy, Imoen :
sims_med02.jpg

..and her using her new skills to wipe out some local bandits:
sims_med03.jpg

Spy is easily my favorite hero in the game.
-Money isnt a problem as she can threaten people for money, pickpocket, or steal taxes from the collection box. Awesome animations for all of those too.
-She can make a variety of poisons and healing and other such potions
-She's deadly and fast in combat. Can duel, even to the death other sims.
-has various things to level up with and keep her busy: training, practicing on the tactical map, making potions, gathering, stealing, fighting

Her next mission is to assassinate my monarch character, curious to see how that's going to play out..

Overall, I'm really liking the game far more than my other pre-order this year, "Dungeons". Sims Medieval is kinda Zen in a way, it mellows me out. Just cruisin around playing god w/ my little blacksmith/wizard/priest/monarch/spy/knight sim toon's lives in the fantasy ant farm that is their world. I can see the appeal of this sort of game. I couldnt do the modern sim family thing, but having a medieval fantasy setting and having the focus more kingdom-based and quest objective based than family-based is what's making this palatable to me. It's fun, worth every penny so far

Last edited:
I've got three games going at the moment:

Drakensang: TRoT
Seems like a solid rpg so far. I'm currently at level 5 with my characters and they are visiting the elven village :) I must say I think it's fairly hard, especially due to lack of resources (money & healing). I'm *broke* at the moment - not a single ducat to my name! Might post in the Drakensang forum about this... maybe I'm doing something wrong :)
Weirdly enough I'm having slightly fonder memories about the first game so far. Still enjoying it though.

Uncharted 2
Console action game - but wow, they sure know how to get the pacing, setting, cinematic and gameplay right in this one! As a professional I'm deeply impressed (and a little scared) - and as a gamer as well! Well done, Naughty Dog!

Anvil of Dawn
I always need to have a retro game going, for when I'm tired of fast and flashy graphics and cutscenes. Right now Anvil of Dawn is that game. It's yet another take on the Eye of the Beholder / Lands of Lore games. Classic dungeon crawling for the most part, but (as I understand it) with an open-world like aspect to it as well. Just got out of the first dungeon, so I can't say for sure yet.

Starting up Mass Effect 1 which I picked up on a Steam sale.

Bought it when it first came out but my computer couldn't handle it then and gave the game away.
New computer now so looking forward to playing this and Mass 2 if the first one grabs me.

Back
Top Bottom