The Wall Street Occupation

If I had a dollar for every stupid thing said in this thread I'd a part of the 1%.

If I had a dollar for every stupid thing said in this thread I'd a part of the 1%.
Only if you're getting paid for your posts.

Hey at $1 a post, that's still only $140. Even I sometimes have that much!! :)

True, but some posts (like mine :) ) have nothing stupid in them, so it balances out in the end!! :D

http://news.yahoo.com/occupy-wall-street-fund-distribution-causes-strain-among-152228634.html

Apparently our neo-hippies are having problems with the sordid topic of coin. Imagine that.

"The other day, I took in $2,000. I kept $650 for my group, and gave the rest to Finance," he told the Post. "Then I went to them with a request — so many people need things, and they should not be going without basic comfort items — and I was told to fill out paperwork. Paperwork! Are they the government now?"
The nerve! You go out and earn a pile of money and then someone comes along and takes half of it because they think they know better than you how it should be spent. And then they put up all kinds of regulations and red tape to make it even harder for you to benefit from that money you earned. It's just not fair, dammit! :rotfl:

Actual quote from a protester occupying the street of Toronto's stock exchange.

"It's weird protesting on Bay Street. You get there at 9 a.m. and the rich bankers who you want to hurl insults at and change their world view have been at work for two hours already. And then when it's time to go, they're still there! I guess that's why they call them the one per cent. I mean, who wants to work those kinds of hours? That's the power of greed." - Jeremy, 38

Hilarious.

I think his point is: what's the point of ruining the world to get ritch is when you never have time to enjoy said wealth since you work all the time? Even if I agree that "we call them the one percent because they work so hard" probably isn't the lefts' killer argument against these guys...

Übereil

Actual quote from a protester occupying the street of Toronto's stock exchange.

"It's weird protesting on Bay Street. You get there at 9 a.m. and the rich bankers who you want to hurl insults at and change their world view have been at work for two hours already. And then when it's time to go, they're still there! I guess that's why they call them the one per cent. I mean, who wants to work those kinds of hours? That's the power of greed." - Jeremy, 38

Hilarious.

Actual quote? Is there a clip with a guy actually saying that?

Apparently, on "Piers Morgan Tonight" (CNN) last night, Thrasher's hero Michael Moore claimed he's not part of the 1%. According to the IRS, the magic line for 1%-hood is $343,927. I guess political diatribes disguised as documentaries don't pay very well? Yeah, right.

“Of course I’m not,” Moore said. “How can I be in the 1 percent? No, that’s not true. I do really well. I do well, but what’s the point, though?”

video

I think his point is: what's the point of ruining the world to get ritch is when you never have time to enjoy said wealth since you work all the time? Even if I agree that "we call them the one percent because they work so hard" probably isn't the lefts' killer argument against these guys…

Übereil

Well the 'ruining the world' part is a bit over the top (the guys on the stock exchange aren't the bankers you're looking for) FYI), but some people do actually enjoy their work! My traders work incredibly long hours, but there isn't a one of them that doesn't enjoy what they do.

Apparently, on "Piers Morgan Tonight" (CNN) last night, Thrasher's hero Michael Moore claimed he's not part of the 1%. According to the IRS, the magic line for 1%-hood is $343,927. I guess political diatribes disguised as documentaries don't pay very well? Yeah, right.

video

He lies through his teeth in his opinion pieces, so why shouldn't he lie about that?

Last edited:
"Mark Schatzker lives in Toronto, Canada, with his wife, Laura McLeod, and their three young children. He writes a weekly column for the Globe and Mail which is often called "satire" even though it isn't always "satire"..."
http://steakthebook.com/bio/

Damn, bn. We're messing with one of Thrasher's messiahs and it's not going down well. He's all in a tizzy.

Back
Top Bottom