Kickstarter - Nine Year Old Raises $24,534

In all honesty Kickstarter has much to explain for this, and really should have or still should take action. Otherwise the administrators prove themselves incompetent, nevermind their marketing team. When projects like this can succeed and rules are selectively enforced it makes you wonder if Kickstarter will do anything for a buck if it can get away with it, or if it has hidden agendas or discreet bias.

BS, those idiots gave her money....they had the ability to pull their pledges when all this was coming out....they didn't end of story.

Kickstarter doesn't allow "fund your life" projects. No school costs, no training costs, no business start-up costs.

Thanks for the lengthy answer but here:

if KS does not allow "fund your life" projects then this one isnt.
If this one is a "fund your life" project then KS allows "fund your life" projects.

KS are the only ones to determine what is and what is not a violation to their TOS.
Them accepting this project is an evidence it does not violate their TOS.

Thanks for the lengthy answer but here:

if KS does not allow "fund your life" projects then this one isnt.
If this one is a "fund your life" project then KS allows "fund your life" projects.

KS are the only ones to determine what is and what is not a violation to their TOS.
Them accepting this project is an evidence it does not violate their TOS.

Pretty much. I think I read somewhere KS even replied in some way, stating since the Project promises a tangible deliverable (the game) they don't have a problem with it (disclaimer: I didn't research that, just something I read in passing). Ultimately only the outcome of the project can decide if it's really a scam: If they use the money they made in access of the course fees to make a better game (contract music and art, e.g.) then they have made good on their end of the deal. It's not a project I would ever have considered backing and I don't approve of it as a parent either, but I think the uproar is as out of proportion as the project idea itself.

Back
Top Bottom