Things you don't need to know...

I thought of that. Discussed something similar with the nurses, they said it was a good idea, but I don't know if they were completely honest.

pibbur who'll think of something

Maybe we need a "last thing you didn't buy" thread.

Found this … thing on sale, 50% in a drugstore today. Justin Bieber singing toothbrush.

Didn't buy it.

pibbur who has to admit that he isn't particularly attracted to mr Bieber's songs. Come to think of it: not any aspect of the young canadian. ESPECIALLY HIS HAIRCUT.

I thought of that. Discussed something similar with the nurses, they said it was a good idea, but I don't know if they were completely honest.

pibbur who'll think of something

Glad to hear you're ok :)

Good luck with the bell.

I suggest whistling loudly. You can't get hit with your own mouth.

Also, you can pretend you're doing the "Hey sexy!" whistle sound. when you're actually calling her :p

I started a new injectable drug today to help normalize acute hormonal problems. The drug is very very expensive and scarce but thankfully covered by my insurances. I am Canadian, but for this type of drug, it would've been a battle to get approval from my provincial government to cover the cost, was I not insured. I didn't answer well to another, so I had to resort to this last resort option.

I received an extra strong dose today and the company nurse showed me how to prepare the drug, it's a bit of an hassle but it doesn't look complicated. It means daily injections administered by myself or my wife, for years and years to come.

The nurse starts telling me about the potential symptoms, and told me it can even include death. Fortunately I had no trouble at all with the solution, it seems to offer me quite a bit of relief. I was happy, as I need it to avoid potentially dangerous consequences in the future.

Due to this hormonal imbalance I have felt extremely lethargic for years and years. Picture you've awakened two minutes ago, only that you feel as groggy and tired at all. Or that you've just had 30 minutes of jogging. That's how I feel all day, every day. I hope it can curb that effect. From what I have read on the form I have signed, I am the 90th patient in the world who takes this. I didn't want to partake in their follow-up program, as I know it is about accumulating data about you and selling it in anonymous form, but I realized there is no way to obtain this drug without sending data to the company so I'll probably cede.

I'm very thankful my wife is such an understanding and supportive person and that she married me and I was able to have two splendid young children with her in spite of knowing about my ailment, and in spite of the sedentary life I have to live due to these ongoing problems. God really blessed me beyond my wildest hopes.

Well, good luck to both of you, gentlemen.

Fortunately I am taking the drug extremely well, and it gives me just the relief I was hoping for. The hormone that was produced too highly was producing increasing body soreness, to a point where it became practically crippling. For example, I had a tendinitis that just wouldn't go away no matter what I did, and multiple such painful and sometimes strange side effets. But after just a few days it already seems more than half gone. It's a very strange but soothing feeling, it's as if my whole body, my skin, my nerve endings, and my joints were imbued with a very comforting freshness.

Now that's a relief.

Almost three weeks since surgery, and things are looking good. My wound got infected, but it was a fairly superficial infection, no fever, and not much pain. Still it delayed healing. But nothing 10 days of cloxacillin (a form of penicillin) couldn't handle, methinks.

I've no longer radiating pain into my legs and I've no subjective numbness (subjective in the sense that I haven't tested) anymore. I've partially regained function of the affected muscles. For instance, before surgery no muscles volunteered to lift my left leg while lying on my right side. Now they behave. I still have reduced function of my left ankle, and I can't lift my left leg as much as the right one. Still, these are minor problems.

It will take a year before I know how much (if at all) permanent damage there will be. But, since I can live comfortably (not numb) with things as they are now, I'm optimistic.

So all in all: Yay!

BTW, experiencing neurological symptoms like these was quite strange. When I couldn't lift my leg sideways, it didn't feel like it was too heavy. There just wasn't anyone available to perform the operation. It was not on my repertoire of possible movements. And when walking, while I felt the weight of my body on my leg, I couldn't feel the touch of the ground on my foot. So I actually didn't know if my foot was in contact wiith anything down there.

pibbur who would recommend the operation to anyone. That has a spinal stenosis, of course. And who won't write anything more about his venture into the realm of surgeons. And who is glad that the rising human feels better.

Glad to hear your recovering. I know exactly how you feel. It's been about a year since my shoulder surgery and I still don't have full movement range. I'm still stretching it so it seems to be constantly sore. I don't like this getting older stuff at all.

After nearly a month I don't seem to have significant side effects. One of the habitual concerns is somewhat lowered immunity, but it looks fine so far. Next up is a blood test in order to check if my liver is still functioning perfectly, as hepatic health can be a concern. Unfortunately I will only know the results in roughly two months and a half, after I have my blood sample taken at an overcrowded Trois-Rivières hospital today. Typical Canadian health care.

The only real side effect seems to be more insomnia. I already had disturbed sleeping patterns due to my condition, but it seems to make them much worse.

Unfortunately the remedy will probably have to be spending even more time at the Watch, more time annoying you guys with my crankiness and my pet causes. Sorry.

As Thrasher would well know being our local expert!! :)

Lack of sleep causes and exacerbates psychosis, BTW.

*blinks*

Well this explains the last two weeks of her life. I mean…my life.

…who were we talking about again? o_O

Edit: Seriously, though, I'm glad that you're better, Pibbur. I'm sorry I missed this earlier. :)

Lack of sleep causes and exacerbates psychosis, BTW.

I did feel compelled to go and buy a Macbook this morning. :D

The one positive point in this is that my 7 month-old daughter rarely ever wakes me up.

Last edited:
An IBM 5 MB Hard drive 1956:
BdIvBSMIUAAHqla.jpg

Weight > 1000 Kg.

pibbur who assumes this drive cost more than the 20 Mb one he didn't buy inn 1984.

Back
Top Bottom