Wasteland 2 - New Patch & Lets Play

Did you repair it ? Maybe it's broken
Yes and it doesn't matter as this is a broken feature of the game. It seems the developer made sure this happens just to make combat harder than it should be.

This happens on every difficulty setting also.:-/

Two links on Steam with users having the same problem.

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/34093781736142847/?insideModal=1
Link -https://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/34095131937561865/

Even with the new patch this still happens.

Last edited:
Am I just lucky then? One of my weapons jam about once every fight, which is in line with the given percentages. I saw someone on Steam argued luck affected it, but most of my guys have 1 luck. Also, someone on the WL2 forum jag checked the code, and there were no connections to the luck stat. Is weird that the experiences are so different.

Am I just lucky then? One of my weapons jam about once every fight, which is in line with the given percentages. I saw someone on Steam argued luck affected it, but most of my guys have 1 luck. Also, someone on the WL2 forum jag checked the code, and there were no connections to the luck stat. Is weird that the experiences are so different.

Jams are a rarity for me. Really doesn't play a critical roll in combat for me. I'm playing on normal.

. Is weird that the experiences are so different.
It is weird because it affects every game differently it seems. This is one of the problems of game development. Some users have problems while others don't.:-/

It is weird because it affects every game differently it seems. This is one of the problems of game development. Some users have problems while others don't.:-/

It may be a selection effect: those who have experienced a higher proportion of jamming will be more likely to notice and report it. Likewise, you're more likely to remember the fights where it happened than when they didn't, so it may seem more common than it really is. But, statistically, it should even out over time.

Well, I'll be jammed if I'll play a broken game :)

Jams are fine with me, I haven't noticed anything irregular.

I like them as a feature, too. It's only right that old, busted down guns should jam occasionally, and I like that it adds a little "random chance" to the combat.

Think you have an enemy dead in the next turn? Oops, weapon jam. Now they get in another free shot or 2...:) . I love stuff like that.

As a longtime GURPS player I don't see anything wrong with jams. Critical fails and other such fumbles are needed for a proper role playing experience. It's not the same thing where you can do away with endless trash mobs and never be worried of being in danger. This mechanic helps to make sure you are never completely secure of too powerful.

As a longtime GURPS player I don't see anything wrong with jams. Critical fails and other such fumbles are needed for a proper role playing experience. It's not the same thing where you can do away with endless trash mobs and never be worried of being in danger. This mechanic helps to make sure you are never completely secure of too powerful.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the fact jam occurs, the problem lies in the fact that many people feel their weapons jam way more than what they should according to the numbers.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the fact jam occurs, the problem lies in the fact that many people feel their weapons jam way more than what they should according to the numbers.

I'm not sure, for example in GURPS you throw three 6 sided dice, and you get a fumble if you throw 17 or 18. I doubt it's much higher odds.

But obviously I figure they're going to change it if people don't like it. However that's true to how it happens in a system like GURPS, which Wasteland's system is distantly based upon.

Estimates are estimates. They are front figures that may represent whatever it is.
The question is not to refer to the random number generator, a useless way to see it but simply assess the efficiency of each band of probability.

This game does not fare that well at this as low estimates have a rather high productivity compared to much higher estimates.

The jamming occurrences do not fit with the announced probability.

My comments in bold. It really sounds like the game is messed up for you Chien, those numbers don't add up…
As they felt it necessary to rebalance it in their patch, it is unlikely that the game is messed up only for me.
Very unlikely. But very, very unlikely.

The mechanics is here to fill up for some known lacks of this type of combat structure (ugoigo mixed with statistical approach)

Critical failures must happen because of a wrong decision, very wrong decision made by the player, not because the support structure makes it way too easy to have it right and therefore must be compensated by a random element.

The lastest patch that reduces the jamming occurrence came with a trade off: certain higher enemy activation.

Jamming occurrences are not neutral. Reducing them to what they should be would turn the encounters in breathers.

As they felt it necessary to rebalance it in their patch, it is unlikely that the game is messed up only for me.
Very unlikely. But very, very unlikely.

Oh, I didn't mean *just* for you, I just meant that there's obviously something wrong for you while I haven't experienced the same thing.

And for once I actually wholeheartedly agree with you, the numbers have to add up. You can have a lucky or unlucky streak with a RNG, but over a thousand shots a 2% jam should mean 20 jams. Even a range of 15-25 would be accaptable. It sound like people are having much more jams than that, perhaps even 10-15%, which means the estimates are incorrect, and that's a big no-no.

To the guys you having problems with the too frequent jams... have you actually written down some numbers or are you just estimating?

To the guys you having problems with the too frequent jams… have you actually written down some numbers or are you just estimating?

I sounded like Chien had actually done that, that's why I agreed it sounded off. If someone said it FEELS like it's jamming to much I would tell them to go back and actually make an experiment out of it. 1000 shots should do…

Did you check if you have a long name of your computer ?

The new FIFA random generator broke if you had a short computer name, maybe the same number generator is used for W2 ?

I guess they use the computer name to create a unique random number sequence generator for some reason....

Did you check if you have a long name of your computer ?

The new FIFA random generator broke if you had a short computer name, maybe the same number generator is used for W2 ?

I guess they use the computer name to create a unique random number sequence generator for some reason….

If that's true, it would be absolutely hilarious. But I doubt it.

:D Google didn't find anything for me... where can I read about this?

I'm also interested into this FIFA thing (assuming it's FIFA 14), on official update notes bug with a randomizer is not mentioned.

Might be FIFA 15 as well, which has already been released.

Back
Top Bottom