NWN2 Ready to start

Neverwinter Nights 2
Dte by now with all the patching there may be another way to do this, but I used the debug console command--actually a cheat to add or subtract from influence, but it also shows where you're currently at if I recall correctly. Here's a linky with a decent explanation.
for any others that want to know where you are at with someone do this when you are in the game...

*hit your ( ~ ) key yes the cheat key
*type " DebugMode 1 " without the " "
*type " rs kr_influence " Dont forget to have yourself selected or it wont work. You should see a dialoge box or the NWN2 Companion Influence Editor come up.
*hit your ( ~ ) key to close so you can use the editor
*hit the 'Modify PCs influence over...' not the print thing
*pick who you want
*you should see at the top of the box 'You have # influence with ....

Now you know where to look and so do I they realy should have this somewhere you can see it.

That did the trick. Grassy ass. Bit of a shock to find that I've got a massive 4 with the guy I've been coddling from the beginning (Khelgar) and a 12 with Qara, whom I've spent very little time with.

Khelgar's very sensitive about his wanting-to-be-a-monk thing--I think that's what he's about but my single remaining memory cell may be wrong.

Qara's the strange one... you usually gain/lose 1 or 2 influence with Khelgar at the time, whereas for Qara you gain/lose 3 at once.

I'd still recommend you cheat so you can play game worrying about it or get annoyed about it :D I did~ and only Qara ended up betraying me. I prefer Sand over Qara anyday.

I feel a bit better just knowing the numbers. Had I tracked it all along, I would have been a bit better off, but I didn't realize how important it was when I started playing the game.

Started Act 2.

Khelgar gets a ton from a certain sidequest later on (one related to him), so I wouldn't worry about him.

Sand was one of my favorite NPC's in NWN2... His comments was usually hillarious. I really loved Khelgar's "big quest" though... It's almost like he had an epic quest on his own. Qara was a brat. I would have loved to be able to set her straight in some way or another.

I thought Sand was too long winded. I actually preferred Qara, but then I like bitchy women!

For the bargain price of $20, I will not send a copy of that to Mrs bn... ;)

I tend to struggle a bit with these romance angles. In both NWN and now NWN2, I've played female clerics. It's a bit disorienting to have Bishop hitting on me while Shandra asks me for advice. It's not all me, either. It's pretty obvious the companion relations are framed and developed on a male protagonist and then altered to cover females.

I prefer Sand over Qara anyday! Khelgar's also fun to have around

I thought Sand was too long winded. I actually preferred Qara, but then I like bitchy women!

No wonder we get along.

Actually, I hated Qara. She reminded me of a certain romantic rival from the days of my youth. One of the greatest satisfactions of the game was when I got to smoke her as alas I never got to do in RL.

The influence system can be a little disappointing when you feel like you miss out on a NPC's quest or story line, but I still rather like it without cheating. Regarding Kelghar:

Went to his clan stronghold and came out with some important dwarven weapon. When he offered to give it to me, I accepted, instead of saying it should stay with the clan where it belongs. I lost four influence with him and he said something like "well I did offer it to you, and um alright you should keep it," and was obviously disappointed.

I just thought that was so in line with his character and felt real to me, even though I lost out. Hopefully I'll be able to make up for it and finish his monk quest.

Back
Top Bottom