SW: TOR - 10 Year Anniversary

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
EA and Bioware want you to celebrate KOTOR’s 10 Year Anniversary. They are offering the following gifts to players.

We are happy to announce that on July 15th we will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts. To mark this celebration, we will be doing a couple of things both in-game, and out. Here are some of the things you can look forward to:

• A blog from BioWare Creative Director, James Ohlen, where he talks about KOTOR and how it helped set the stage for making Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
  • A brand new title “Revan’s Heir” coming to the Cartel Market for only 24 hours at the low price of 10 Cartel Coins! (July 15 2AM CT to July 16 2AM CT)
  • Cartel Coin giveaways throughout the day on the official Star Wars: The Old Republic Facebook Page.
We hope you will join us in celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic.
On top of this there was announced a new recurring event called Bounty Contract Week.

Once per Galactic Standard Month, the Bounty Brokers Association (BBA) posts a list of contracts in the Cartel Bazaar section of the Fleet. Each contract outlines the parameters of a bounty that has been posted on one of many planets across the galaxy, including contact information for the client who posted the bounty and a list of underworld contacts in the sector who may be persuaded to assist you in the hunt. Targets include members of crime syndicates, violent gangs, and various other law-breaking entities. High-profile targets, designated “Kingpins,” may only be hunted through Kingpin Contracts, which are entrusted to professionals who have a proven track record with the BBA.

Bounty contracts will take you far and wide in the search for your target, but the BBA Mission Terminal allows you to select the specific planet on which you wish to hunt. Each day, you may sign up for one standard contract and one Kingpin Contract, and each may take you to a separate planet. Completion of a contract requires the death or capture of your target, but you will also be rated on your investigative technique and your aptitude for handling BBA underworld resources.

The Bounty Broker’s Association is an unaffiliated corporate conglomerate that exists to streamline and standardize the process of posting and fulfilling bounty contracts. Contracts are available to characters at level 15+, and although contracts on some planets have a minimum level requirement, each contract will scale its difficulty and rewards to your level.
More information.

If they are so keen on celebrating this anniversary, and presumably think it's worth celebrating etc, then I'm curious as to why they aren't also working on giving us another actual KotOR game. It's been over 8 years.

If they are so keen on celebrating this anniversary, and presumably think it's worth celebrating etc, then I'm curious as to why they aren't also working on giving us another actual KotOR game. It's been over 8 years.

Well, according to them The Old Republic is KoTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and so on. Didn't quite turn out that way in my opinion, but that might be their reasoning.

Perhaps it would be better to add "KOTOR" to the headline ?

This article made me think about what I enjoyed most about KotOR, which in turn made me think about what annoyed me most about KotOR, which in turn made me google "carth whining", which in turn landed me here: http://darth.wikia.com/wiki/Carth_Onasi

Apparently Carth died from a combination of diabetes, poor pazaak skills and gentle sobbing. Can't say he didn't have it coming.

Sounds as if he had been a Squonk ?

Most recent Patch notes : http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.2.2/7102013

Most notably :

New Title! To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic™, the "Revan's Heir" Title will be available on the Cartel Market for 24 hours only beginning on July 15th at 12AM PDT/7AM UTC.

Cost for this title is - elsewhere - said to be 10 Cartel Coins.
Not sure whether this will be per Character or whgether it'll be possibly to buy it once anbd then including into one's "Collection" system.

Back
Top Bottom