Votes: 1 1.4%
  • All of Them

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
So here we are with a new poll as it has been a while. I'll keep it simple and just ask everyone what is their favorite fallout game. You can only pick one.;)

You can leave a comment in the thread if you chose multiple ones

Update: I'm still trying to figure the polls system out so please bear with me as they say. I also know I have a typo, but I can't seem to edit it.

Last edited:
FNV, as I never even completed FO1 or 2. Tried several times. Just can't get past the TB system, as there's no way to avoid all the "filler" fights. I consider that mandatory in any TB system, which is why I end up using automatic combat to resolve most fights in AoW or HoMM.

Hmm... Well, it's a tough one. Fallout has the best design and mechanics, but since I'm a huge exploration and immersion guy - I'm going to have to go with Fallout 3. I really liked the story in NV and the new mechanics, but the awkward visuals, the awful technical state and the lack of polish overall just ruined it for me.

Easily Fallout 3 for me, although I'm not going to vote in the poll because I still haven't got around to doing a full playthrough of FO:NV yet.

FO 1&2 were fantastic for their time, but I'll always prefer exploring from a 1st/3rd person view, and I felt that the combat left something to be desired in those earlier titles. FO3 is one of the best games I've ever played when it comes to exploration, and the atmosphere was superb.

The poll lacks of one game. FO:BoS.
I'm pretty sure codexians would pick that one. :D

Anyway, tough one. Tactics is by no means my favorite as it's not RPG. FO3 is okay game, sadly a RPG with 10 quests total is IMO wasted potential, if I wanted just exploration and worthless story I'd play Oblivion, but well, physical bobbleheads are bestseller items in their store. FO1 is like Mars:War Logs, awsome but short. That leaves two of them.

Since you know me, you know which one I'll pick.
F:NV - endless respawns crap design, hilarious stuff available only through trait and/or DLC, no wonder, Josh Sawyer again on lead position.

That leaves as my favorite:
FO2.

F1 but its probably mostly nostalgia. I fondly remember melting people with the plasma rifle. In reality it was F3. I played F2 but don't remember much of it. FNV I just couldn't get into for some reason. I think it was the bad music and the fact that I never could stand Vegas and my dislike of the town transferred to the game. It needed more mutants also.

Some of these responses burn away my soul :(

F1
FNV runner-up.

How could anyone truly say FO3?! I wanted to throttle Bethesda every 5 minutes during my playthroughs with that hamfisted writing for 6 year olds! I've been considering playing it again for the first time in four years, but just thinking about that "me Grimlock, you Jane" level of intelligence gives me second thoughts.

Fallout 3 for me too. It is just so surreal seeing Washinton DC destroyed. I also love Moira Brown and some of the other loonies. The chasing after Dad thing was silly but I liked the basic story of Project Purity.

Easily the first Fallout for me. Very memorable story, my personal all-time favorite game. Loved Fallout 2 and New Vegas as well. The only one I never finished was Fallout 3. It just didn't do it for me I guess.

The poll lacks of one game. FO:BoS.
I'm pretty sure codexians would pick that one. :D.
I deliberately left that abomination off the list. It was nothing but a cash grab from a dying studio that tarnished the Fallout franchise.:brood:

As for me I will chose all of them.

How could anyone truly say FO3?! I wanted to throttle Bethesda every 5 minutes during my playthroughs with that hamfisted writing for 6 year olds! I've been considering playing it again for the first time in four years, but just thinking about that "me Grimlock, you Jane" level of intelligence gives me second thoughts.

Some of us can enjoy games with bad writing if other aspects are good enough. That said, FO3 writing is, indeed, awful.

Some of these responses burn away my soul :(

Thank you Drithius, I was getting a bit nervous by the earlier comments on the thread...

I wish I could pick "All of them except Fallout 3". But since that's not an option the choice is indeed a tough one. I'll go with Fallout 2, but love the rest as well (except for FO3, which to me is the lowpoint of the series), including Tactics.

Indeed, nothing is more terrifying than when people don't agree with you.

I would run for the hills right now!

I'll go with fallout 2, mostly because it was the first i played. Fallout NV made me feel i could like this new style.

I managed to to play about 10 hours of Fallout 3 before i quit.

Fallout 1 then New Vegas, both of which I've replayed several times, as opposed to the rest.

'none of the above'. Played Fallout 1 after it seemed according to people here that it was the best game ever ever in the history of game making OMG! ... and didn't like it. Then played 2 since 'OMG OMG Guys it's really the bestest of the bestest!' and couldn't even finish it, didn't like it either. Played FO3 after the whole world said 'OMG! I'm Super Serious! If you don't play this game you're like the meanest person in the world!' and didn't really care for it.

I'm probably the only one on the planet, but I didn't care for any of them.

Back
Top Bottom