Pricewatch!

Both "Freedom Force" games are like 2 bucks each at Gamersgate.

Fun superhero rpg/tactics games, underrated classics!

Freedom Force

Freedom Force vs the Third Reich

I also must report on Kohan 2, which is now available on Steam at like 8.99.

Good fantasy RTS w/ fun and unique troop building system and handling, hands-off economy, good graphics for an older game. I believe this is the title that inspired the "company" style of rts (later used in for example the Relic rts games), wherein you control companies instead of microing individual units all the time. So if youre not into micro, you may like it. I'm having a good time w/ it.

Last edited:
I also must report on Kohan 2, which is now available on Steam at like 8.99.

Good fantasy RTS w/ fun and unique troop building system and handling, hands-off economy, good graphics for an older game. I believe this is the title that inspired the "company" style of rts (later used in for example the Relic rts games), wherein you control companies instead of microing individual units all the time. So if youre not into micro, you may like it. I'm having a good time w/ it.

Sounds interesting. Does it only follow a mission-based structure, or does it have a sandbox mode?

The two TW2's on sale from Direct2Drive: Two Worlds 2 is 60% off, The Witcher 2 40%.

Still kind of tempted to get 2W2 at that price, but I might wait until the expansion comes out or a really big sale comes along - I'm just not sure if the game will be appealing enough to keep me interested.

It's amazing the difference that a few dollars can make... now I think I'll take the plunge on Two Worlds 2 at $15 as opposed to $20:). If it's halfway enjoyable for 30+ hours, then I'll more than get my money's worth, and if it's not, then I'm only out $15.

Two Worlds 2 for $15 is somewhat tempting. I've never bought from Gamersgate before though. Does it work similar to Direct2Drive?

My experience is download, install, validate. I havent been forced to install 3rd party software w/ Gamersgate. Pretty much the same as D2D

If you ask me, Two Worlds 2 would be not worth 1$ !
The game is just bad...just bad...
The gameworld looks so childish that i had to stop playing after 1h.

As I've said before, the opinions on Two Worlds II seem to vary greatly. Some people, like Wiggum there, obviously hated it, but I've also seen a lot of people give it hefty amounts praise.

Personally, I'm going to pass for now. As tempting as that price is, there's no point in buying it for anyone who plans on getting the Velvet Edition which incudes TWII+PotFF.

That's a good point, but I'll probably wait until the expansion drops to a low price too, so I might as well get the base game now. With how polarizing the game's reception has been almost everywhere, I'm curious to see how much I end up liking it.

If someone of the readers here is from Cologne, Germany : An advertisement that came with the newpaper says that the "mother central" of the Saturn chain in Cologne, at the Hansaring (end station of railway line S6) has 25 % rebate on games, software CDs, DVDs, Bluerays ... From 1st to 3rd of September.

DA2's price is sinking like a stone.

Back
Top Bottom