We Knew Her Before She Was Famous!

Congratulations on the release. I probably won't read it, as like a lot of others have stated, my German isn't that great but I think I should be able to understand most parts if I made the effort. Anyway you have always struck me as a nice and humorous person, so I might pick it up just to support you.

Last edited:
PS:
Game developers:
The Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series is very suitable for a crpg series.

I think there are rule books out there, aren't they ?

Once again, thank you, folks. You are too nice :)!
Here, take another beer :party:.
And yes, from the name one might assume that drinking Morte Subite would make for a unique experience, but I survived drinking the stuff more than once. Well, I never had a delirium tremens after drinking a beer of the same name, so...

Delirium Tremens is actually one brand of Belgian beer we get here that I've tried. It's excellent!! :)

Got it today.

I have a couple of books I want to finish before taking up this one, but I've read the first few pages. A few words I have to look up (as expected), but fortunately not too many.

Yay!

I am at page 160 and I like the book so far.
The characters are likeable and believable (=not the ultra perfect heroes). The setting is interesting (not the fantasy normal black evil vs. white good setting). And I like the humorous dialogs as well ... Shoran is a great character.

Jaz - bitte schnell Band 2 fertigschreiben ;)

@HiddenX: Ist doch schon fertig... :p

Grats Jaz. :) Keep the good stuff coming.

Ich lerne Deutsch auch, aber ich kann nur ein bisschen sprechen, ich hoffe, dass ich das Buch in der zukunft lesen kann .

I'm sure I made tons of mistakes there, but that's ok for a starter. :)

Your German is pretty good, Haitham :).

Tonight I was on local TV!
It was horrible. I was sooo afraid… sheesh :biggrin:! Here's the link (starting at 29:24…)
Local TV news show

Used to be my gaming PC before I dumped Windows altogether. And sold my video card to a customer in need. Now it's just good for casual browser games... but if you look really hard, you can see my trusty old Everglide mousepad with the Unreal Tournament logo at 30:44 and 30:50 :).

Woah, nice!

Sociology with focus on military science? That's crazy. ;) And an early bird, no less.

Well, it was a focus on military sociology, not 'science' in general, no matter what they say :). But I am an early bird... or late night spook, whichever way want to you see it.

5-7? Good lord. I'll try and get a copy to read v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y :)

I only could understood the words "Nicol" and "best seller". :D Where's the outdoor area you stroll around in the video?

The bestseller they're talking about is by the guy who talked me into having my stuff published; the outdoor area = local ruins (of the Hohenburg fortress). It was actually fun to walk on the wall, though I had to promise the director not to fall and break my bones... it's rather steep there :).

That was fun to watch, Jaz. I know if I had you reading me bedtime stories like that, I could learn German. Great to see you getting some mainline publicity for your novel and I hope it helps your sales enough that eventually the book gets translated.

It was nice to see all those healthy, clean, non-obese people walking the streets,too. Our US newscasts are all full of some pretty nasty looking human beings. :)

Very late to this party but: CONGRATS on your book release!
I wish you lots of success!

Back
Top Bottom