Morrowind Starting a new (modded) Morrowind play-through

Indeed. But I somehow made it work.

I kill an even nastier enemy in a video after that. A Hunger. Thought I would get crushed but he was actually easier than the Kagouti. Go figure.

Weird... I played Morrowind for a good 200 hours or so back in the day, but I don't remember ever encountering a "mating" Kagouti.

I've yet to try MGSO 3.0. I remember version 2.0 ran very choppy for me in Win 7 64bit for some reason. It ran fine though in Win XP on the same system.

I just watched the first episode and liked it so I subscribed :)
Hope you'll go through, all the way to the end of the game and wish good luck for that. Just one thing to criticize though : you should correct your video options for the images are overexposed and everything's white washed, that's annoying and the whole gameplay is biased.

Gloo, are you saying my gamma is too high? Funny, because if I record at normal gamma settings in-game, the videos come out dark. I will turn the gamma down some and see if that helps you. Maybe your brightness is set too high on your screen? Please let me know your thoughts because I want to get this sorted so the visuals and perfect, but so far it's been a struggle. On my end, the videos look great (for the most part, some spots have weird texture issues from the gamma being set so high).

Any other feedback regarding the brightness and look of the videos would be greatly appreciated, so feel free to criticize!

Thanks for subscribing! I will go through for a long time. Not sure if I'll reach the end but I'll try! Ciao!

Weird… I played Morrowind for a good 200 hours or so back in the day, but I don't remember ever encountering a "mating" Kagouti.

I've yet to try MGSO 3.0. I remember version 2.0 ran very choppy for me in Win 7 64bit for some reason. It ran fine though in Win XP on the same system.

I'm using Win 7 64-bit and MGSO 3.0 runs great. The only time it's choppy is if I'm encoding a video in the background, which happened in this playthrough. I didn't realize video encoding was such a CPU hog.

The mating Kagouti is a rare encounter. They are the only 2 mating Kagoutis in the game as far as I know. They are a little stronger than normal Kagoutis as well in order to simulate their aggressiveness while mating. This has been your Morrowind fun fact of the day...

Last edited:
Gloo, are you saying my gamma is too high? (…) Maybe your brightness is set too high on your screen?
Yes, that's right, gamma is awful (see the screen captures I provide below ; that's how it appears on my screen and as you can see, it's way too bright !). The gamma on my end is set to 1.0/1.2 so nothing abnormal I'd say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_00274 2013-09-09, 15_58_39.jpg
    Screenshot_00274 2013-09-09, 15_58_39.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_00272 2013-09-09, 15_57_15.jpg
    Screenshot_00272 2013-09-09, 15_57_15.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 47
Okay, thanks! I'll turn the gamma down from now on. After episode 25 or so it should be much better. Just ran a little test and it does look better. Sucks that I recorded over 3 hours of footage with too high of gamma but eh, live and learn I guess.

Sucks that I recorded over 3 hours of footage with too high of gamma but eh, live and learn I guess.
What seems amazing to me is that nobody complained about that before ! Too bad I stumbled upon your thread so late otherwise I'd have told you earlier ! I'll watch the other episodes with great pleasure anyway ;)

I fixed it! Turns out there was some glitch with MSI Afterburner that made the videos too dark. Switched to Fraps and they are perfect! The gamma now matches exactly what I see on screen. First 27 episodes will be too bright, but from then on it will be perfect. Wish I could go back and fix those but that's what happens when you record live footage! Thanks again for the help, Gloo!

Due to complaints about the gamma from several people now, I have decided to restart my Morrowind playthrough.

Stay tuned for new Morrowind episodes (that aren't washed out!) coming soon!

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, but several people complained so I thought I should do it. The whole point of this playthrough is to show the game off in the highest quality. I'm kind of a perfectionist as well :). But really, I don't want people watching my videos and then thinking the quality sucks so they don't want to watch anymore. I have to represent myself well ;).

Oh, and the audio was bad as well. I had a setting checked in my Sound Blaster control panel that made it echo and sound terrible. People complained about that, too. Lol.

Both audio and visuals have been fixed, so all future episodes will look and sound pretty good ;).

Just want to be as professional as possible. I mean, I'm not that professional, but whatever little things I can do to increase the quality overall I definitely want to do.

New episode 1 is uploading now. Check it out...

http://youtu.be/CwcXWd4ZP2w

Cool thread Fluent. I was on a Morrowind binge last year and played the original plus both expansions. The overhaul is fantastic. The only shortcoming these days are the model animations. They should be replaced. The world and the lore in Morrowind amazes me. It makes up for everything!

Absolutely. You can get lost in the lore in Morrowind. I actually did get lost in it a few times during my last playthrough. Less Generic NPCs adds a crazy amount of dialog to the game and it's all interesting and lore expanding. If you follow my playthrough you'll eventually see lots of it.

Really think so? I think it looks amazing! Trees and all.

That mod is actually called Balmora Trees. It's part of MGSO 3.0 and is an option to turn on/off. I never played with it on before because my computer at the time couldn't handle it (apparently, it takes a lot of resources for those trees to be there!). Now that I have a PC that can handle it, I turned it on to check it out. I think it adds a lot of life to Balmora, but I can see why others might not like it so much!

Thanks for watching!

Back
Top Bottom