Diablo 3 - Free for WoW Pass Subscribers

Nowhere in my post did I ever say that they are just doing it to be nice. Every action a company takes, even when they give money to charity, is at least indirectly aimed at making money. But that doesn't mean that their actions can't be "nice" at the same time.

See, that's probably what I'm not seeing.

But who cares, really.

We simply disagree :)

To me, this whole thing is an indirect indicator that Blizzard now treads D3 as a kind of MMORPG, too.

Because both are now connected, somehow. Only wow-players get this thing, and they should be very much MMORPG players, I assume.

Ah, cue the Wet Blanket Brigade...

Do you really think that someone who wasnt already going to re-subscribe to WoW would change their mind, based on the fact that they can get a cheaper game for "free"?

No kidding, Sammy.

They're giving away a game. If you happen to qualify then great if not then boo-freaking-hoo. No reason to over analyze every goddamn thing.

They're giving away a game, not shooting their fans dogs.

Yes, they're definitely not trying to manipulate people to commit to a long-term plan :)

It must be nice to be that naive!

..and theyre definitely not being cool by giving away one of their most anticipated titles to people who may have bought it anyway.

Must be nice to go thru life like a dour little old lady about everything!

Sammy beat me to the punch and said pretty much what I was going to, but with less cussing. :p

Come on Skaven, you know you want to curse about this…

Curse away!!!

Oh, and having a sense of reality (the little old lady bit) is not always nice, but I can't really thrive in ignorance for long. Believe me, I've tried :)

I cant wait for all the disappointed fans just because the game is different.:p

I won't be purchasing D3 at any time regardless of the "free game with a WoW subscription" offer. I've never played WoW and I don't ever plan to.

I have no intention of stopping my WoW subscription, so I signed up and will be getting D3 for free + guaranteed access to the beta of the next expansion. A very good deal considering I was not going to stop my subscription anyway.

Yes, they're definitely not trying to manipulate people to commit to a long-term plan :)

It must be nice to be that naive!

Yep giving an extra bonus to returning customers is total market manipulation. It's almost as bad as putting something on sale, providing good customer service, or making a good product. All dispicable tactics intended to make you buy something you otherwise wouldn't.

Yep giving an extra bonus to returning customers is total market manipulation. It's almost as bad as putting something on sale, providing good customer service, or making a good product. All dispicable tactics intended to make you buy something you otherwise wouldn't.

Sales are there for exactly the same reason. It's 100% market exploitation of the consumer mindset.

The sad part is that people aren't even aware they're being exploited.

But enough of this, it's a waste of time. If people think Blizzard are "cool" because they're "giving" this away for "free" - then whatever floats boats.

Come on Skaven, you know you want to curse about this…

Curse away!!!

Nah, too tired. Gotta get up early, but didn't appreciate the snide remark about being naive. These are games, Dart. GAMES!!! Not global domination, not some secret cult, but just games.

If they have a long term plan to get people to buy their games well then good for them. It's not the end of the world and it's not like they're trying to get us to buy soylent green.

They're giving away Diablo III to fans of WoW or trying to convert some DIII fans to WoW. I have no problem with a company trying out a little synergy to get some more fans. Especially when the synergy involves giving away a hot title for free. Maybe they'll hook some other gamers that enjoy that type of game. I don't like MMOs so this doesn't apply to me at all.

There, no cursing. Next time you want to call me naive get some perspective first. This is a hobby not global domination. When it is then I'll jump on the grumpy bus with you.

I love being exploited.

Haha yeah, if exploitation means that I get a free $60 dollar game for something I would have bought anyway then I wish that more companies would exploit me.

In more serious terms, every company is going to do what they can to get me to spend money on them. If they do that by giving me more value for my money then that's a type of "exploitation" that I can deal with.

Back
Top Bottom