Dragon Age 2 - Signature Edition Deadline Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I don't want to sound like an ad for BioWare but I figure some readers will have forgotten about the January 11 deadline for the Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition. Here's Chris Priestly's reminder on their forums:
Reminding all our fans that if you pre-order your copy of Dragon Age II before January 11 you will be upgraded for free to the Dragon Age II Signature Edition.

The Signature Edition contains an awesome copy of Dragon Age II, but also includes $20 of additional content including an in game digital armory, a downlodable soundtrack and a bonus playable character and missions.

Pre-order from your favorite local retailer or online before time runs out and this offer ends.
More information.

Ugh. I don't mind that special editions come with extra paraphernalia, but I don't like the idea of them having extra game content. Boo on that.

Agree, but it's DLC, more missions, more stuff, nothing special here, except how is possible a bonus character? Isn't the player supposed to create the character? Or they mean a bonus companion?

EDIT: Thinking of it it's probably a new beginning story you can choose for some or all classes/races.

I'll wait to get the regular edition. If I want there dlc just like there other titles there are other ways of getting it.

I find it funny when they try and lure me with a soundtrack, like it's some great prize.
If I've played the game through, and therefore listened to it for hours and hours on end, chances are it's the last thing that I want to hear again once I've finished the game.

So much for that 'bonus', you can keep it!

I've pre order it from Amazon. I can give up until the last minute. So I've time to make the decision if I want at release time or wait for the price to drop.

I'm lost, too, Dasale - it says a bonus PLAYABLE character. I guess that means a bonus companion character.

Let's see... buy sight unseen or pay an extra $20 for an additional companion plus some side missions. No sale here. $5 maybe, if I'm in a good mood, but $20 for a little additional content and some junk?

xSamhainx, the soundtracks are pretty good and worth a listen after the game is done. Not sure why you would need a downloadable one, though. Just record a video when the music is playing. I'm sure you could pull an MP3 out of that if you want to play it in your car or something.

I preordered it from gamestop earlier in the week since they have a digital download option (/rant: I hate that you have to go to another company's site different from gamestop to actually buy it). I know I'm going to buy it anyway and this is probably going to be the best deal but I also do not like preordering this early. I did the same with Witcher 2 and disliked it as well.

What I don't get is why they are doing this at all. Its not like they have billed me so they have money on hand and I'm sure I can still cancel it so its not money in the bank. Is this just the big retailers getting them to do more preorders?

Hardly a big risk - I'll be getting the game anyway, and I'd rather pay normal price + get some bonus stuff than pay extra once the game is out.

I am not even that interested in a game, and actually haven't bought any kind of special edition since the enhanced edition of The Witcher.

I think one factor that turns me off is that most games are not playable out of the box. Installations have to be activated, and we don't know what happens to activation systems if developers/publishers fall apart. Knowing that the game isn't "mine" as it used to be makes me feel less excited about paying extra.

This is a difficult one for me, I am a really big fan of Dragon Age and the expansion, however I was not impressed with the overall quality of the DLC they offered for Dragon Age. Second to that is that I'm not quite sure if I like the route they are taking for nr 2 in comparison with the first game. So I think I will hold of on this one untill it is released, read some reviews, etc.

I'm not sold on DA2 yet - I will probably get it (simply because there's not much else out there) - but I'd prefer to see some objective (i.e. non-mainstream) reviews first. The whole pre-order thing suggests (to me at least) that they may not be as confident in the game's ability to do well - maybe they realise their new direction has ticked off a lot of people.

You can still get the "Signature Edition", but you can't get a "free upgrade" to it after the 11th. I love marketers.

Or they want/need some cash influx? never a bad thing…
AFAIK in most shops you don't pay at pre order moment. Only after posting they will debit your card. Until then you can cancel.
This is just a free upgrade for people who want to pre order DAII until 11th January.

Back
Top Bottom