Skyrim Amazing Screenshot Thread

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I was tired of running around at night yet it still felt like it was day. So I took the effort to fix that tweaking the enb. Much better now. And yes, I play as a vamp that dies in sunlight so I'm quite stuck in this darkness, hence the lantern :invisible:

attachment.php

You said in another thread that you like "dark" games but I din't think you meant it literally :)

I don't personally think Skyrim is the best game ever made but it certainly is the best customizable game ever made.

well, something seems to have happened. Opened Skyrim today only to find it was looking like this =( Smudged colors all over the place, screenshot makes it look a little worse than it actually is but it's very noticeable still. Maybe I'll have to redo all my addons :raincloud:

attachment.php

Attachments

• eww.jpg
    eww.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 161
My most recent story. Unedited, 100% in-game screenshots, no photo-shop, minimal camera control (rotate/zoom), no special "screen shot mods" like facelight or pin-up poser, simple console commands for two animations (one from Frostfall, warm hands crouch), and yes this is what my game looks like most of the time, not 1% of the time like that idiot article.

Black Wolf Company - Shadow Beneath the Leaves - A Soldiers Tale

Source: Archives of the Black Wolf Company
Author: Annalist and Archmage Brotna the Broken
Date: 4E.203.Second Seed.30

Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

It has come to my attention that the archives are sadly lacking in any details about our current Champions bond-mate, Wolfgar, he who is known among the wolves as the Shadow Beneath the Leaves. However, before I address this unfortunate oversight, it behooves me to refer to annual 1E.266.234:56.7 of the Archives, in particular the section on bonded wolves:

No archivist has yet to find any factual account on how or why a Black Wolf Company member is chosen by Fenrir to receive this most blessed of gifts. What is known is that it only happens to those wolves and people who have received Fenrir's Blessing. The wolf and mercenary may be of any age and the bond joins their souls and minds; lasting for life and possibly beyond.

When in close contact the bonded pair may communicate by thought alone; in a mix of images, scents, emotions and mental constructs similar to words. On the soul level they are always in contact, regardless of any constraints of space or time, and they can sense whether the other is alive along with their general health and emotional condition.

It is theorized that the wolf is an offspring of Fenrir, based on their extended life line, large size, enhanced physical senses and abilities, and uncanny intelligence. Based on conversations with various bonded pairs over the centuries it is also suspected that the pair is selected based on some need for it to occur, a need which may only ever be fully understood by Fenrir himself.

11974103676_7f773e2588_c.jpg

The most recent bonded pair is that between Champion Grimulfr Fenrirson and his assumed half-brother Wolfgar, the wolf known as Shadow Beneath the Leaves. It is now known that Grimulfr is a direct child of Fenrir and, since it is believed all bonded wolves are Fenrir's offspring, it can only be concluded that somewhere within that blood-line they are indeed half-brothers. When queried, neither Grimulfr nor Wolfgar were able to answer, indicating Fenrir has remained mute on the question.

Considering Grimulfr's natural reticence in regards to social matters it is not surprising very little is known about his bond-mate Wolfgar. However, in a very rare and uncharacteristically gregarious mood, Grimulfr not only allowed me to conduct an interview with him, on how he and Wolfgar bonded, but was also willing to translate the tale from the viewpoint of his bond-mate!

11972844215_de32fe2e9e_c.jpg

The sun had climbed to the top of the sky and a gentle wind blew the fresh scents of the trees and plants through the woods but Wolfgar paid them no heed; in fact he paid no attention to anything besides his mother who lay unmoving before him.

11973249864_602dec5de1_c.jpg

Only a wee little cub, Wolfgar had been raised by a small pack of wolves that normally roamed the Woods between Riverwood and Helgen. The pack had been forced out of their usual territory, by the fighting of the Imperials and Stormcloaks, and had found themselves forced into unwanted contact with the human settlement of Riverwood.

People had come after them, fearful of their livestock and eager to earn some coin from the highly sought after pelts, hunting them with steel, bow, and clever traps. Only a handful of wolves remained in the pack when they were ambushed by a group of hunters. His mother, wounded by an arrow, had grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and ran as hard and as fast as she could, doing all in her power to save her only remaining offspring.

11973248474_193fc10e50_c.jpg

When she could run no more she collapsed; dieing within an hour from a pierced lung and loss of blood. Before she died she licked her pups face and growled, telling him he must run and hide before the hunters tracked him down. But Wolfgar did not understand and only cried in fear and confusion.

11972842065_06b6ac5920_c.jpg

He walked around his mother, licking her face and pushing at her body with his nose. He whined plaintively but she wouldn't move and he could not understand why. The sky slowly began to darken as the sun continued its climb through the sky. The shadows from the leaves above began to cover the little wolf and his mother in their dark embrace as the sun began to set. Ignoring his pains of hunger and thirst, the little wolf kept his vigilance over his mother, hoping she would wake up soon.

11973133173_0abb9d572e_c.jpg

He was startled out of his misery when he heard a noise approaching. He moved close to his mother, his paws wet with her spilt blood, as he bravely sought to protect her. His small legs began to tremble with fear as he began to realize he was all alone and that his mom was not going to wake up. He now recognized the smell of death even though his young mind had not made the full connection between that and his mother.

11972841615_78f3c85820_c.jpg

The he saw what was making the noise, one of the tall ones, a human, the kind his pack always avoided. The kind that had attacked and killed many of his brothers and sisters. Yet this man, this giant human, was making soft soothing noises to him and somehow he could feel that this human meant him no harm. In fact he could feel the same warmth coming from him that he felt from his mother.

11973657166_b8f34245af_c.jpg

The human approached him very slowly and bent down towards him, reaching out with an open hand for him to sniff. Wolfgar walked over and sniffed the mans hand before darting back to his mother.

11973132413_ddefc172bb_c.jpg

The man was very patient with him and Wolfgar began to relax, thinking maybe he could trust this person that was cooing softly at him. Wolfgar walked around him, smelling carefully, waiting to see if the human was going to attack and ready to run at any sign of quick motion. Instead the man slowly sat down, sitting comfortably, and letting Wolfgar take his time to check him out.

11973245624_58da86403f_c.jpg

The human otherwise stayed very still, only turning his head a little to watch, and keeping his hands low and in the open for Wolfgar to watch. Wolfgar swallowed, and ever so cautiously he went and licked the mans hand. The man smiled down at him and, moving slowly, scratched his chin.

11973656876_e60138693c_c.jpg

At the contact both froze for a moment in shock. It was like an electrical pulse went between them freezing them in place. For a split second that lasted an eternity the two became one, sharing each others mind, thoughts, feelings, and memories. At the same time they both felt something in their minds, a powerful and animalistic presence that was giving off a strong sense of approval and satisfaction.

The man stifled a gasp, not wanting to scare the little wolf, and Wolfgar almost collapsed as the presence left and their minds separated … yet not completely for they could now sense each other, a small bit of their souls had become intertwined and inseparable, connecting them in an unbreakable bond of pure love and joy.

"Grimulfr." The mans name echoed in Wolfgars mind, which he heard in the language of wolves as "Fierce Wolf." He shared his own name, "Shadow Beneath the Leaves", and the man smiled pleased. "I shall call you Wolfgar, my little Shadow Beneath the Leaves," the man said in his own tongue.

11973655086_a9b3ed4470_c.jpg

Thus it was that Wolfgar became bonded with Grimulfr Fenrirson, the Champion of Fenrir. As is the way of animals, being eminently practical, Wolfgar recovered from the loss of his mother quickly, but he never forgot her scent or how she had saved him from the hunters.

11973129803_08dc83221d_c.jpg

This is Shadow Beneath the Leaves. He is a wolf. He is Wolfgar of the Black Wolf Company.

11973243064_e036911364_c.jpg

Addendum by Annalist and Archmage Brotna the Broken:

After the interview I checked all my notes and compared Wolfgar and Grimulfrs story to many others recorded in the annuals and I have seen a pattern. It would be my theory that Fenrir bonds those, under his protection, who are in great need of emotional support and companionship. Young Wolfgar had just lost his mother and his pack; in essence losing his entire world in one day. Grimulfr had left behind his adopted family, was captured and tortured by the Thalmor, and then almost executed in Helgen. Clearly Fenrir has plans for these two and knew they would find in each other the strength they would need to carry on.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

ENB: Somber Custom Mash-Up Preset by WolfGrimDark

Notes: I had a hard time writing this I admit; I am far to emotional for my own good when it comes to animals. The music I selected was mainly because I like the name of the song and the emotional feeling of it.

I know this was far shorter than my other soldier tales but there is good reason for that. Grim met Wolfgar when Wolfgar was just a puppy and hence there is not a lot of prior history to cover since he was only a few months old. He has spent his entire life with Grim at his side and hence Grims adventures are his own.

So instead I told the important story, how they met and bonded, as the rest is already known. I did not do this with a flashback as it was told from the point of view of Wolfgar, who has a poor grasp of time, and then recorded by Brotna the Broken (and Brotna's own tale is very interesting as well … a mage who holds his very body together by strength of will and magic … but that is another story to tell).

That being said I have plans to tell a special adventure told from Wolfgar's viewpoint and looking at the world from his perspective … hopefully with a special ENB preset selected to represent his way of seeing things.

Bonus Shots - Some of my personal favorites of Wolfgar from my collection:

11953639485_bd6313b3d3_c.jpg

11953933193_00b923d981_c.jpg

11953930973_b3161afbc9_c.jpg

11954074654_d31a357ff3_c.jpg

11954075344_65163e4424_c.jpg

EDIT: Somehow did a double post here and never noticed it till now, sorry!

Last edited:
Been a long time since I posted anything here. I've been dumping tons onto Steam and the 3D Vision site, though. Here are a few highlights…

yqj8.jpg

s3kt.jpg

nnlv.jpg

weo6.jpg

w6b0.jpg

Some nice shots Zloth! Like the first one with Azura and the dragon ones, as well as the last one with all the nice forest green :)

I am busy working on a big update to the ENB I manage so haven't been taking as many shots ... or rather I have but they are all testing shots.

Very nice! Interesting snow around that dragon, too.

Well I finally released my own ENB preset, although it is based very heavily off my friend Tansarville's work. I call it the Grim and Somber ENB: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50501/?

12296679045_6fb995186f_o.jpg

12323797624_3b420e110f_o.jpg

12327905025_794921230f_o.jpg

12323500643_ea5aacf994_o.jpg

12353768004_4433f6a770_o.jpg

12353313395_df69cc2c55_o.jpg

12353491133_7d52932efc_o.jpg

I am sure I will post some more later. Took me 8 hours yesterday (during the snow blizzard we had in NH … which gave me the day off from work) to finally put it all together and publish it (not counting the months spent creating it). Lots of fun! I am sure I will have more shots later :)

Last edited:
Wow! Especially that third shot!!

Wow, looks amazing Wolfgrim.

A few questions are you using skyrim hd textures or SMIM?

Did I just miss it or are you running all those mods without a bashed patch?

Did you clean or recommend cleaning mods? haven't cleaned any yet because I'm afraid there dirty for a reason.

I see you using safety load, do you also use SSME or are they incompatible?

Also, didn't see immersive armor,creatures or weapons do you just not like them?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the ENB though will be downloading and endorsing.

Wow, looks amazing Wolfgrim.

A few questions are you using skyrim hd textures or SMIM?

Did I just miss it or are you running all those mods without a bashed patch?

Did you clean or recommend cleaning mods? haven't cleaned any yet because I'm afraid there dirty for a reason.

I see you using safety load, do you also use SSME or are they incompatible?

Also, didn't see immersive armor,creatures or weapons do you just not like them?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the ENB though will be downloading and endorsing.

Lol no problem :) You must have seen the link to my mod list ... which is on my to do list to update since it is a bit old, although 85-90% of the core mods are the same as I don't change much of those - just texture ones.

I use bethsedas HR pack and SMIM plus a ton of textures from AmidianBorn, Vivid Lanscapes, Vurts Basic SFO (v186 I believe), etc.

I keep things real simple with Skyrim and prefer managing things myself so I don't use any bashed patches, Boss, or any other tools beyond NMM. Whether that helps or hinders I don't know. All I know is I got 1200+ hours played now and only once did I ever lose a saved game and that was my own fault (adding/removing to many scripted mods when I knew better). I seldom got CTD's although I am sure I could optimize things a lot better if I did use some of the tools like a bashed patch.

The only mods I have ever cleaned are my own. I have, very rarely, used TESVEDIT (sp?) to not clean but to compare mods to see where they might conflict - basically certain lighting and fog mods so I can fine tune their load order based on which one I prefer to "win." Mainly just lazy and because I don't feel like going through the work or taking the risk of messing anything up.

I use immersive armor by hothtroper, one of my favorite mods! I don't use weapons because I don't care to much about that - I only use about 5% of them as it is - I like my daggers and swords :) For creatures ... I keep meaning to try that out but haven't gotten around to it.

I do, however, have some cool custom weapon mods (mainly swords), biodiversity (adds new flora and animals), and some other mods that helps add some new items to the game.

However I am certainly not suggesting anything here - I tend to be more lazy and casual so haven't invested time in some of the other tools. Boss is the only one I don't much care for - seen to many issues with improper load order and some other conflicts - but just me, I know others swear by it. I just had a couple of bad examples with it so it stuck in my mind that way.

I never tried a bashed patch, mod manager, or any other of those tools. That is more because things are working ok for me now so I don't want to rock the boat or spend time learning something else. My time is already tight learning about ENB coding and making simple mods, plus playing of course.

Oh and I removed safety load and now use SSME plus enbboost and they have been working well together. I just use the standard SSME settings that Sheson recommended. Got no desire to spend hours testing and tweaking memory settings either :)

Oh wow, that's pretty good :).

Lol no problem :) You must have seen the link to my mod list … which is on my to do list to update since it is a bit old, although 85-90% of the core mods are the same as I don't change much of those - just texture ones.

I use bethsedas HR pack and SMIM plus a ton of textures from AmidianBorn, Vivid Lanscapes, Vurts Basic SFO (v186 I believe), etc.

I keep things real simple with Skyrim and prefer managing things myself so I don't use any bashed patches, Boss, or any other tools beyond NMM. Whether that helps or hinders I don't know. All I know is I got 1200+ hours played now and only once did I ever lose a saved game and that was my own fault (adding/removing to many scripted mods when I knew better). I seldom got CTD's although I am sure I could optimize things a lot better if I did use some of the tools like a bashed patch.

The only mods I have ever cleaned are my own. I have, very rarely, used TESVEDIT (sp?) to not clean but to compare mods to see where they might conflict - basically certain lighting and fog mods so I can fine tune their load order based on which one I prefer to "win." Mainly just lazy and because I don't feel like going through the work or taking the risk of messing anything up.

I use immersive armor by hothtroper, one of my favorite mods! I don't use weapons because I don't care to much about that - I only use about 5% of them as it is - I like my daggers and swords :) For creatures … I keep meaning to try that out but haven't gotten around to it.

I do, however, have some cool custom weapon mods (mainly swords), biodiversity (adds new flora and animals), and some other mods that helps add some new items to the game.

However I am certainly not suggesting anything here - I tend to be more lazy and casual so haven't invested time in some of the other tools. Boss is the only one I don't much care for - seen to many issues with improper load order and some other conflicts - but just me, I know others swear by it. I just had a couple of bad examples with it so it stuck in my mind that way.

I never tried a bashed patch, mod manager, or any other of those tools. That is more because things are working ok for me now so I don't want to rock the boat or spend time learning something else. My time is already tight learning about ENB coding and making simple mods, plus playing of course.

Oh and I removed safety load and now use SSME plus enbboost and they have been working well together. I just use the standard SSME settings that Sheson recommended. Got no desire to spend hours testing and tweaking memory settings either :)

Thanks for the reply, I 'm starting another mod session today and will be using your enb.:)

I think I'll use the SMEE built in to the alpha build of SKSE, everyone I've asked seems to have had no problems with it.

I've always used boss for order and just stared using bashed patches, mainly because I wanted to use immersive creatures and the monster mod together.

Never had a lot of crashes but I always seem to develop a microstutter ( I think when loading new zones) that is annoying. It doesn't happen often but I've built my system severely over powered because I'm very sensitive to the slightest stutter and want to avoid it.

I've got 2 titans in sli, I7@5GHZ, 16 GB ram @2400 and the OS is on an SSD with the games on a raided SSD's. I assume it's just something I'm going to have to live with when installing so many mods but with my system it sure seems like it should be avoidable.

I've tried boarderless window, frame limiters, mouse fixes, basically anything I could find on the net. If you know of anything to fix it that I haven't tried please suggest it would be appreciated.

My last thought is just to install mods 1 at a time and test until I find a culprit, but with hundreds of mods that would take months. I suppose that would get me up into the 1200+ hours realm though.;)

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

My Grim and Somber ENB v1.5 WIP:

12447721923_2104214c7e_o.jpg

12567541055_41ab0c2c1d_o.jpg

12567537825_1c6346ccc5_o.jpg

12470309473_182bed888f_o.jpg

12577889745_438f555755_o.jpg

12577889425_07e47e4025_o.jpg

12551503395_5b3f5c5c41_o.jpg

12510008993_1ca5cba1a9_o.png

12510006723_07ea9785d9_o.png

12509883385_0b75c1a7df_o.png

Garminator (my Garm Mod)

12395555233_7a037f7116_o.jpg

Reminds me of the Spartacus TV series :D.

Wolfgrim, had an ENB question: I've stayed away from ENBs in FNV and FO3, primarily due to bugs; I've since been trying one out (RealVision) with my new Skyrim playthrough in the past couple days.

However, I was wondering if this is an ENB bug? My regeneration aura effect is glaringly bright and ugly.

Edit: wound up getting a "no glowing edges" spell effect mod to deal with the problem.

Last edited:
The game certainly does have its pretty moments.

13719634544_0d0e15cf9a_o.jpg

13719242765_617c9b0071_o.jpg

Open Cities...
13719630484_f5bfc9326b_o.jpg

13719262993_fa6a207842_o.jpg

Now to get out of the Whiterun area to grab some less cliche pictures!

The game certainly does have its pretty moments.

Now to get out of the Whiterun area to grab some less cliche pictures!

Looks like you solved your issue - which is good as I had not seen that before. Don't have it with any of the ENBs I use at least.

Real Vision is a nice solid ENB as well. Serenity ENB is probably the most technologically sounds and advanced ENB right now and has very realistic settings. prod80 is a genius at coding. He helped me with a few coding issues I had with Grim and Somber (the ENB I manage).

Great pictures by the way. I am still playing regularly - do a lot of writing and story posting in between ENB tweaking and modding. Playing a little ESO as well but for now still prefer my Skyrim time :)

Back
Top Bottom