Risen 2 Simple questions, simple answers

Toaster

Sentinel
Thought we could have use of a thread like this.

I'll start:
I haven't gotten very far yet, but I'm liking the game. I'm currently wrapping up Tacarigua and my question is, can I return later? I'm thinking about the skill 90 chests and Tomb Spiders/4 Ghouls that are quite impossible at this stage of the game.

Simple answer: Yes, you can return later. Or maybe the better answer is: You will return later. Subtle difference but once you return to Tacarigua you'll know why I put it like that :) .

Thank you! I have indeed seen some stone structures that seem in dire need of re-visiting later. :)

Anyone managed to find The Peg Leg or the Hangman's Noose? I just can't find those two, I've looked all over for them.

Found both. Peg Leg is hard to find, IIRC I found it behind bushes near one bridge (outside the town), it's not easily visible and since I'm thoroughly exploring, let's say I got lucky to find it. Maybe there are videos on youtube with the exact location?

Hangman - you didn't read my posts with spoilers. You need the monkey. Some reviews say monkey is crap, I say monkey is one of great moneyearning skills. That monkey brings you Hangman in the same town where you used him (don't tell me you didn't) to avoid spending 1000 on a certain quest item. ;)
Besides pirates' comments while you're running near them as a monkey are priceless.
Full spoiler:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061141482&postcount=6

Last edited:
I honestly thought I had searched that warehouse from top to bottom, even with the monkey. Didn't even think of climbing the roof. Nice to know!

Now I just need to find the peg leg. It's supposed to be on a hill according to the log, yet you found it near a bridge? Seems I might be searching the wrong places, I'll do another search.

The peg leg was the first legendary item I found.

The map for it is on the body of a guy named Pete. His body is on the path that leads to the temple on Tacarigua, and the chest is right in front of the temple.

No, the Peg Leg is not in that chest. You probably just got it while roaming the same area - the Peg Leg is located north of the bridge at the center of the map, behind a bush as joxer described. It's basically on the cliff above Pete's chest (to the west).

Am I getting it mixed up with the Meerschaum Pipe perhaps? The chest I'm talking about definitely had a legendary item in it.

*Edit* I remember now… the Peg Leg is near the entrance to the cave with the Grave Spider. Pete's chest contains the Meerschaum Pipe.

Last edited:
Yes, that's Meerschaum Pipe you've found in that chest.

No. At least I didn't found something like that.

On normal I manage to hit 7 times, although rarely. More than that I can't.
I've never solved hit 10 out of 10 quest on Tacarigua.

Won't even imagine how does that look on hard.

It might seem counterintuitive, but that minigame is actually much easier with a Xbox 360 controller. The targets move a lot slower when you switch to gamepad mode, and even the accuracy of aiming with a mouse doesn't compensate for how fast they move in comparison.

I have a question - is there a pistol trainer anywhere in the Sword Coast, for the voodoo path? I found someone who sells pistols in Puerto Isabella but he doesn't offer any training. I really want the 'Nuff Said' skill.

I have a question - is there a pistol trainer anywhere in the Sword Coast, for the voodoo path? I found someone who sells pistols in Puerto Isabella but he doesn't offer any training. I really want the 'Nuff Said' skill.

Hmm, don't think there is unless you pick Inquisition. However, you'll find pistol trainers later on (Antigua has one for example). You won't be able to train muskets though.

Finished the game, but… Where and for what to use the reward you get for collecting 4 fireplants in maracai bay? It's some dish with some food, but all it says in the inventory is that it's unsellable. It's called FIRUTAOPI.

Finished the game, but… Where and for what to use the reward you get for collecting 4 fireplants in maracai bay? It's some dish with some food, but all it says in the inventory is that it's unsellable. It's called FIRUTAOPI.

By the time I was finished I had at least 5 or 6 different things that I was never able to figure out the use for. I'm guessing certain items only have a use if you took a certain path. i.e. Voodoo over muskets or vice versa. I had a signet ring, a pipe, and some kind of brush among other things.

I was also never able to win that shooting mini-game at any of the locations. The best I could do was hit 4 or 5 out of the 10. There has to be some kind of trick to it.

The native camp. There's a lady there with a cauldron, you can give it to her. She then creates some soup thing that you can present to Bones in the middle of the camp to get him to shut up.

And yes JDR, you're right about the quest items and natives vs inquisition.

Edit: I see a lot of people having an issue with the shooting game. I've managed 10/10 by staying fairly far to the right with the mouse, and practicing roughly where they get thrown. There are only 3-4 different "lines" the item can take when flying through the air, so you only need a few target spots.

Also, you don't have to shoot every single item - you can pick your targets. He doesn't just throw 10 items. In other words: You can find a good place to rest the mouse, far to the right in the screen, and wait for the skulls being thrown there (they tend to be the slowest ones). The wine bottles are a lot worse. I don't know if there's an upper cap to the amount of items that'll get thrown.

Started my 2nd playthrough and have managed to get my hands on a musket but i cant seem to figure out how to use the bayonet it came with.
Any help with this would be most appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom