Best of 2007 Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rather than go around all the major sites, I'll collect a bunch of Best of/Game of the Year results here.
There's a remarkable similarity in the appearance of the subsites from the major three (especially stablemates IGN and GameSpy), so let's start there. IGN groups things by platform, so the PC RPG of the Year goes to The Witcher as does Best Original Score. Bioshock is PC Game of the Year and wins a handful of other categories such as Best Story. Not surprisingly, Mass Effect lands best X360 RPG of the Year.
Moving on to GameSpy, The Witcher comes in as the 10th best overall PC game, and grabs the genre award. On the X360, Mass Effect makes it all the way to #5 and grabs the best RPG accolades. Bioshock is #2, by the way.
At GameSpot, they've taken a different approach, with reader voting on cross-platform genre awards and and then an Editor's Choice winner. In the reader stakes, The Witcher comfortably lead Mass Effect to grab first place (51% to 37%) with three JRPGs languishing at 7% and below, although something called Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 hits back by picking up the Editor's Choice (3% of the reader's vote, for comparison).
Finally for the moment, GameTunnel's (indie) RPG of the Year is due any time, so I'll update when that comes in.

More information.

I'm glad Te Witcher is doing so well. I got it for Christmas and i think its one of the best games i have ever played.

Nice collection ... more of this stuff surfaces every day ... hard to keep up ;)

Back
Top Bottom