S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - - v1.0005 Patch Released

magerette

Hedgewitch
Last edited:
1.0005 hehe sounds like they are planing a lot of patches with that many zeros.

They are allready well into making a prequel for the game. I remember there been questions whether they will soon end the patching to concentrate resources to the new game.

Yeah, I'm surprised they're still making patches.

So how come you're waiting for some 1.1 patch Dark Savant? I played through the entire game with the original version and it was quite playable.

Anyone found patch notes yet, I here all this does is improve the netcode compression, nothing about improvements on all the bugs (afaik) in single player?

Go look in the official forum about patch 1.0005, you'll find a link to another discussion with what files were changed and a little about what was changed. Beyond that there is only the short blurbs wrt MP.

BTW: I'd suggest not bothering with this patch ATM as at least one person is indicating that dedicated server crashes, and furthermore if you only play SP w/ or w/o mods you pretty much will get nothing from this patch until/unless mod authors update their mods.

I'm waiting for 1.1 too. I might play stalker again before that...
but the things promised for 1.1 would be so cool that I'm going to play
the game again in any case when/if it hits 1.1

Patch notes for v1.0005
Patch 1.0005 addresses the following changes:

The optional net traffic compression on a Multi-Player server is now disabled by default. This allows to host dedicated servers on computers with low and average performance.

Implemented
- compression option to switch off the network traffic on a server networked games (default is off).
This solves the problem of overloading the CPU servers with low productivity.
- A bug in the dialogue.
This error resulted in the fact that dialogues with a high degree of nesting were lopping.
- The possibility of creating servers for tournaments.
Access to the players on the list server implemented on the server (login and password).
Fixed-over 10 crashes in multiplayer game
- Maintenance of statistics on MP-match points, the use of weapons, and per-zone hit points

The support this game is receiving is pathetic, there's still a ton of bugs more than half a year after release. I hope the prequel is in better shape when it's released.

I really like STALKER, I think the game has incredible atmosphere, I'm just tired of seeing patches that are months apart and only fix a few things at a time.

Not everything can get the support that Two Worlds is seeing ;) Most end up like Gothic 3 ...

Back
Top Bottom