Pricewatch!

Origin and Uplay are things of the devil. No game is good enough to put up with having either of these things on your pc, imo.

They are all evil, including Steam. But I am used to Steam and its offline and back up features are much superior to the others (except for the wonderful GoG).

But it is an invitable evil with the way everything is going digital and online. From the business point of view, it does not make sense to make a game retail only anymore.

I agree about Steam, I use the offline feature often and I've really gotten used to the convenience of it all. But Steam is where I draw the line, because at least they provide both tons of content and the option to run most of it offline. Origin and Uplay are just steaming piles. And not piles of candy!

I'm not sure if Thrasher has ever paid full price for a pc game. He's about as frugal as they come. ;)

Haha. The only 3 exceptions being DA:O, DE:HR, and Skyrim.

Edit: I think I bought each of the MEs for about $5, some of them actually hard copies.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Thrasher has ever paid full price for a pc game. He's about as frugal as they come. ;)

Why would you pay full price for a game anyway? :p
That was a semi-serious question. Yes, I can understand paying full price for a game from a developer that you absolutely love, when you are as certain as you can be that it will be a stellar game that you "need" to play now, but apart from that, I don't see much of a reason to pay anywhere near full price for a game. Personally I would not pay more than 10€ for a game, and even at 10€, I often find that that is a bit of an overprice compared to how little I could pay for them (and still get a legal copy). There is a reason why my collection of Activision games released post Modern Warfare 1 consists of a grand total of 1 game (which I imported from Russia), and that's because they don't sell their games at a low enough price compared to their competitors.

Because you want to see them stay in business ? Especially for small time developers…

For me it is very rarely wanting to absolutely play the game NOW!

I bought the Witcher 2 on release yet played it 3-4 months later. Part of it was waiting for patches, but mostly I bought it because I loved #1 and wanted to show some support to the devs in the only way that counts (my wallet), while not being in the particular mood to play it at the time. The same goes for most of the games I buy at full price. (unless it was the Gothics , Stalkers and lately I cant imagine getting my Dark Souls 2 preorder and not diving straight in ;) )

The rest of my games I buy in the Steam sales (or through KS I guess, heh). It makes it possible to buy games that I would not consider buying full price, before seeing how good they are. If I find one that I really like though I try to "reward and support" the dev with a day one or even preorder (again the DS1 bought at 8 euros -> DS2 example)…

My 2c :)

What JonNik said. :)

So what did you guys grab during the Thanksgiving weekend sales? I picked up...

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -$10
How to Survive -$6
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -$12.50
Papo and Yo -$3.75

Well the Steam e-mail says:
Resonance 2.49 EUR
Closure 2.49 EUR
A New Beginning - Final Cut 2.49 EUR
The Dark Eye - Chains of Satinav 4.99 EUR
Miasmata 3.74 EUR
Beyond Divinity 1.69 EUR

The Adventures are for the sibling but I may actually try out Chains of Satinav… nice artwork at any rate…

I also strangely find miasmata sharing some of my gaming time with Deus X but it'll probably pass (and come again at later time) ;)

P.S Ridiculous prices… I should have grabbed deadly premonition too... Will do on Christmas probably...

I picked up the new Shadow Warrior, but I think that's it. This sale really didn't seem to offer much, or maybe I've just got everything I want. :p

What did I buy? Nothing? I'm still recovering from the 27 games I got from the GOG Insomnia Sale.

The only gaming activity I did was . . . well . . . game. Putting the finishing touches on Gothic 3. I got the game on release day and have started it 3 times since then but never finishing. But after bragging about finishing Might and Magic 7 & 8 for the 2nd time this year, I felt guilty about still not finishing Gothic 3. So GOG had the game all fresh and updated, so I went the digital route and decided to restart and get as far as I can.

The non-crashing Gothic 3 is really a great game.
Available at both GOG and Steam for $9.99

Last edited:
Nothing. The summer sale was enough for me. Once Bioshsock Infinite + DLC drops more I'll probably buy it. Maybe DA2, too.

In the meantime I've got a long list of AAA games to play yet. :)

I've never played FC2, but IIRC in that game enemies endlesly respawn from vehicles or something. Of course such game can't grab you. In FC3 there is no such thing.

I loved the setting of far cry 2, worked for a while in a similar environment.
The game could have been a masterpiece, but the respawning posts killed it.

One of the single most stupid design decisions ever and one of the significant improvements to FC3. I´m still angry about it. (since it keeps me from continuing with the game)

C

Phonegames gadget? Meh…

Steam added Neverwinter and Marvel puzzle quest as free games. Both games are of course pay2win, but if you wanna have some fun for a day or two in MMO genre, cheers. I've installed p. quest just to see what is it about.

Never heard of it. What is it about anyway?

Meanwhile, Shadowrun Returns is added on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/game/shadowrun_returns

With -40% promo price for first 48 hours, means you'll pay $12.

Now I dunno what is it really about and can't remember why I didn't support it on KS and why I didn't buy it or why I still don't want to buy it. If you'll go for it and get disappointed, don't blame it on me afterwards.

Fresh news so doublepost. Steam is the crime scene and the price injured is for DA:O.

Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age: Origins will cost you only 7.5€. We all have it, yes, I know, but any friend who should get a Xmas gift from you? There's the chance. Not expensive, weeks of fun, replayable any time.

DA2? You can't buy that on Steam at all, and even if you could, that's kind of a gift you don't want to give to friends.

There are a lot of Steam deals right now, actually. The Two Worlds franchise is 80% off, Gothics (including ArcaniA) look to be 75% off, Crusader Kings 2 is... errr... on the specials page but is no cheaper than normal?? The original Fallout Collection (Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics) is just $5.

Back
Top Bottom