XCOM 2 - Review @ RPGSite

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Alex Donaldson of RPGSite has reviewed XCOM 2:

XCOM 2 Review

I've held off on reviewing XCOM 2 for quite some time now - mainly because I wanted to give the game a little time to settle in with a patch or two, given that the game appears to have suffered from some performance problems for some users. Instead, I wrote about why RPG fans should care about this brilliant tactical strategy game - but at this point I've gone as far as I can without putting a score on it.

[...]

Even with those smaller issues noted, it's telling of the quality of XCOM 2 that I put some 80 hours into it over such a short period of time. It twists what players know about the series in brilliant new ways but also remains familiar enough that it certainly isn't throwing the baby out with the bath water. It takes one of the best games in recent years and makes it better on almost every front. Even if you have to endure performance issues, what XCOM 2 has to offer is well worth fighting through them for.

Score: 9/10
More information.

I just suddenly stopped playing XCom 2 after 60 hours, without finishing the campaign, and I haven't been back. No doubt I'll come back to it, but there's just something that isn't hooking me like the first game did. Funny that I say after 60 hours I wasn't hooked, but when you consider how obsessed I was with EU/EW…

Back
Top Bottom