RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Antiviruses give a lot of false positives.

I believe you can just run the site without Javascript on Noscript without losing any important functionality.

Some anti-virus software is silently blocking the site too. Only found people talking abot it on the forum and realized it was being blocked by Avast! because I used a proxy to browse here.

We are cleared by Ggogle, so it should resolve itself in time.

no message from google but i got this from avast, not sure if its any help

Infection blocked
URL "hxxp://www.mediarpg.com/ads/api/index.php?js&s&1&v=2"

Infection URL:Mal

You will have to wait until your virus scanner retrieves the updated list from Google for it to be solved.

Yes that is odd. Google has verified it and on the 18th I received this message:

Congratulations! Google has received and processed your malware review request. We did not detect any malware on your site.
As a result, we're removing the malware warning from your site. This may take some time to happen. (You can check the status of your malware review at any time using Webmaster Tools.)

If I could change it, I would.

Maybe try blocking - www.mediarpg.com/ads/*

I was still getting a warning from my anti-virus about that address while browsing here, but when I used ad-block to filter it, the warnings disappeared.

I'm not mad at you Myrthos or at anyone here.
The thing about me is that I'm like the Hulk : I'm always angry and annoyed. ;)

And I did block that damned link with ad block plus.
Still there. :shakefist:

I'm not getting it from my antivirus, I"m getting it from google only just now, not last couple of days (or actually ever); just started few minutes back
The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on www.mediarpg.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).

This problem is really getting annoying as our site is verified to be clean. I'm also on this site over 15 hrs a day, and never got a single warning yet this week.

Yet I got over 20 PM's about the problem, and still continue to get them.

Anyway I'm thinking someone keeps reporting the site.:-/

Here is Google's diagnosis for our website.

What is the current listing status for www.rpgwatch.com?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 21 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-09-20, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.rpgwatch.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Last edited:
Everything was fine for me until a few nights ago. That night (I cant remember exactly when...maybe Friday night ?) I couldn't get to the website, and was getting a message saying that the site was down. The next day everything seemed fine again, but I started getting that popup from Avast about the mediarpg banners and URL:Mal

This problem is really getting annoying as our site is verified to be clean. I'm also on this site over 15 hrs a day, and never got a single warning yet this week.

Yet I got over 20 PM's about the problem, and still continue to get them.

Anyway I'm thinking someone keeps reporting the site.:-/

Disgruntled trolls, angry at being driven away with fire, perhaps?

I actually have never gotten a warning until just now. Now it's telling me Google is blocking RPG Watch based on my "security preferences". This whole thing must not be over yet…

How's it check out for mediarpg.com, CouchPotato? That's the one that seems to keep popping up with problems for me.

Here is what goggle says about mediarpg. It seems one incident happened on 2014-09-15, and never again. I would hardly call this suspicious.:thinking:
What is the current listing status for mediarpg.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-09-18, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-09-15.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, mediarpg.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 0 domain(s), including .

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
I remember our website had a rouge link on the front-page last week. It linked to some Tumblr page for web designs. It's deleted now.

Back
Top Bottom