Wireless mouse?

zahratustra

SasqWatch
How many of you guys and galls are using wireless mouse for gaming? I don't mean FPSs or other twitch type of games where every second counts but an RPG? I have read both "yes" and "no" opinions and I'm wondering about yours…

No, I have a wired mouse, but I don't usually mind either.

A wireless mouse though is not really wireless when you talk about the good ones as they have the battery charging stands. You end up with more rather than less bulk.

So, my latest mouse is wired and I like it a lot.

I use a wired mouse, too. Unless I decide to game halfway across the room, a wired mouse suits me just fine. I actually lay back in my chair with the keyboard on my lap and mouse + mousepad in my right hand on the chair arm. Works great for me. :)

We've got both wired and wireless mice in our house. There's pros and cons, of course, but I certainly haven't noticed any problems gaming with the wireless ones. Certainly for non-twitch rpg games, no problem at all.

I got a wired mouse. I had a wireless back in the days when they first came out, it’s wasn’t great it wasn’t terrible. The thing is I don’t care about the wire, so a wireless doesn’t offer me any advantage over a wired.

Wireless. It allows me to shift my posture without ripping out wires and usb ports. You just pick the thing up and drop it where you want. Same with working around papers, controllers etc. You never miss a click because of wire recoil or tangles.

With a battery inside also gives it a little natural resistance and 'feel' because of weight so this imho helps with precision.

I have a mousing legend (Logitech MX Revolution) which has a 'laughably' low poll of 60Hz on its receiver and I would swear I can't see any difference even in massively twitchy titles like Battlefield 4.

I have both a wired and a wireless mouse on my PC. I think it'a matter of taste. It should be clear though that you shouldn't go lower than a major brand laser mouse. Logitech OEM can be bought for a couple of bucks.

I have a wireless mouse but am not using it for playing games.

For games I use wired mouse vulgaris, usually the cheapest one I can buy that dies after a while so I just go buy another. Because of my "misuse", the right button starts doubleclicking or not clicking - regardless which mouse I'm using for games, thus I don't buy expensive ones for gaming.

Wireless, only because Logitech's Optical Trackball was only made in that version. I would have preferred Wired - no batteries to change once a month...

Wireless. Logitech g700. I've been gaming with a wireless mouse for years. Its great for rpg's and also twitch games. Ive had no problems beating the DS games and playing FPS competitively with friends.

I suppose if I played professionally I'd need to go wired but other than that wireless is fine.

At 30 FPS, I believe a wireless mouse is updating its input faster than the frames can be drawn. So performance wise, unless your pushing a high FPS in pro gaming, not really a difference. Just pick good quality so you don't get interference issues.

Definitely wireless, and I would never use anything else.

I found that I couldn't go back to using a wired mouse after getting used to a cord-free one.

Been using a Logitech MX wireless for years and wouldn't ever consider going back to wired; just needs a recharge every few days!!

Wireless profoundly sucks, I have yet to use one that didn't have some nagging flaw that made it a pain to use. They're also very overpriced for the most part.

I have both in my laptop bag - a wired old Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3 (I actually bought a 5 pack about 15 years ago and they are still awesome!) and a MS Touch Mouse Bluetooth. I think that the BT mouse performs decidedly worse than even a USB Logitech wireless, but it works OK. But I will often use the plug-in mouse for gaming, especially FPS.

Wireless on both my laptops. The freedom is fantastic. Sometimes they are glitchy though, and require reseating the USB transceiver or a few muose power on/off cycles. These are the Logitech Revolution and Anywhere MX models. Wonderful, usually.

The only regret is during multiplayer online games when the battery runs out and I die. Now I check battery levels before playing. :)

The only regret is during multiplayer online games when the battery runs out and I die.
So this is how feeders on League of Legends are born! :p

US Ebay has new Logitech MX518 mices for ca. 30$ + shipping costs!

The market price for a new Logitech MX518 in Germany: is 100-145€.

So I bought one...

Back
Top Bottom