Crazy lefties getting scary

And yet again we see that anyone this side of Castro is a card-carrying right wing fascist in Thrasher's book.

I don't suppose this would be the right time to remind folks that self-proclaimed liberal and skilled statistician Nate Silver did a statistical study (and this was certainly not the only such study that's been linked on this forum, all with the same results) that showed that democrats and "traditionally liberal ideas" received far more favorable coverage from the mainstream media than republicans and "traditionally conservative ideas". But why bring facts into the debate, eh?

Well if you live your whole life in a swamp, I'm not surprised you can't smell the stench. BN,out of curiosity, which shows do you watch on CNN, the 24/7 news or the opinion shows? I'm speaking about the news not the opinion / yellow bits. And I'm surprised you'd even watch them, considering how biased you consider them. Do you give the same attention to Faux News?

DTE, pointing at random studies about NOW, proves nothing about trends. If you're foolish enough not to be able understand that Faux News and the Rush Limbaugh show didn't even exist 40 years ago, there's no limit to amount of stupid in this world.

Fox is right wing as can be, but CNN is the biggest media outfit, and they are left wing as can be. They're both worthless.

How often do CNN bring up that Obama's track record when it comes to civil liberties is worse than Bush's?

Übereil

How often do CNN bring up that Obama's track record when it comes to civil liberties is worse than Bush's?

Übereil

not often enough.

not often enough.

Right. And don't you think they would be more left wing if they did?

Or, to make the point more general, how common is it in mainstream media that Obama's criticized for not being left-wing enough?

Übereil

And yet again we see that anyone this side of Castro is a card-carrying right wing fascist in Thrasher's book.

Which makes roughly as much sense as you lumping 2/3 of the political spectrum, including a number of ideologies that contradict each other, together as leftist. By my count that is "very little".

Yes, and everyone this side of Berry Goldwater is a Leftist in your book, if I please to reflect your argument back on you.

These sorts of arguments are inane because they invariably are based on imprecise definitions, and usually end up in strawman fallacies.

Besides, most folks hold more complex political views. One may lean to the right on fiscal issues, but left on social issues. Where are these people in your black and whit world?

LOL! CNN is terribly rightwing biased. Your definition is slanted to the right.

Yes, and everyone this side of Berry Goldwater is a Leftist in your book, if I please to reflect your argument back on you.

These sorts of arguments are inane because they invariably are based on imprecise definitions, and usually end up in strawman fallacies.

Besides, most folks hold more complex political views. One may lean to the right on fiscal issues, but left on social issues. Where are these people in your black and whit world?
Seriously? You're going to call me out after something so far out there that even lefties are going "you sure about that?"

Technically speaking, in my black and white world, those people are pretty much like me. When people attempt to enforce specificity upon things that are obviously generalizations, it doesn't take much to distort the situation sufficiently to declare a false victory, but thanks for playing.

what is so scary about us lefties ?
all enemies of the revolution must be exterminated, them and their kids and their memory erazed forever , it is as simple as this .
the selfish, the religious, the capitalists , the racists , the nationalists , the patriots all of them must go forever for this world to move forward , if you have some illusions that the left will tolerate anyone from this sad creatures you are kidding yourself.

Anything profit based media or political org can not be left.

What's really scary is that Tragos believes that!!

I think what the U.S. needs is another Civil War to sort things out. Worked nicely the last time, no?

**Checks to make sure he's not logged into teh Codex**

**The hypocrisy contained in this missive increases as a product of the number of words I type.**

Arguing societal philosophy in a forum focused on niche gaming? Always a good idea.

The central tenet of this entire discussion is erroneous. Mind you, this is a nearly universal conceit. The setting matters not, it seems, but the error remains.

There are more than two competing philosophical factions in this world.

Not more than several, really; but decidedly more than the two presented here and nearly everywhere else you'll find.

You have a thousand things in common with every other person living on this planet. Remember that.

Want some proof? 99.9% of all of us, just want to be left the hell alone.

Not all, admittedly. But nearly all. Dispute that.

There are a thousand other things I have in common with you, and you with me.

You want to talk about a real problem? Something a little further down?

Primates are biologically compelled to organize themselves in dominance hierarchies.

How the hell do you go about fixing that?

Left. Right. It's like talking about checkers when the game on the board is chess.

2c

Carry on.

Its sad that I have to go to the BBC news site to get an unbiased view of USA news.

I occasionally use CNN but never go to any others as the US news sites are pretty worthless.

Back
Top Bottom