Women and men : wired dufferently

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Women and men : wired differently

http://www.economist.com/news/scien...ue-has-drawn-wiring-diagrams-brains-two-sexes

Quite an interesting article I thought.
How accurate, I don't know, but interesting nonetheless:

MEN and women do not think in the same ways. Few would disagree with that. And science has quantified some of those differences. Men, it is pretty well established, have better motor and spatial abilities than women, and more monomaniacal patterns of thought. Women have better memories, are more socially adept, and are better at dealing with several things at once. There is a lot of overlap, obviously. But on average these observations are true.

Last edited:
Hah, what a load of rubbish!! Just spend one session with our DDO Team Corwin group and all that nonsense will be quickly dispelled!! :)

Well, I don't think they THINK differently in a basic sense.

Women, however, tend to be more emotionally invested in whatever they're experiencing (especially when it's a conflict of some kind) - and whether that is a cultural thing or not is hard to say.

I'm sure evolutionary theory would suggest it has to do with women not being "hunters" - and as such, they're not as wired to detach their emotions, because they haven't had to "survive" under similar circumstances.

I, personally, don't know the reason - but it's definitely not something I'm imagining. It's too pronounced for that.

Last edited:
What I found interesting was the words the writer used : Men and women are "cabled".

This implies the image of the human being as an "biological robot". And I'm sure that this view will strengthen within the next years.

Gene technology will be seen as "reworking the robot".

Back
Top Bottom