Diablo 3 - Coming to consoles?

aries100

SasqWatch
Eurogamer is reporting that Diablo 3 is heading for consoles. Lead Designer Josh Mosqueira
said, during the press conference at Games Com that Blizzard
"is very, very serious about bringing the Diablo 3 experience to the console."
He added that, as reported earlier this year, Blizzard is currently in the process of recruiting a team to handle a potential console version of the action RPG sequel.
"Today, we're trying to build the best console team at Blizzard. We're looking for programmers, designers, artists who think their dream job would be to bring Diablo to the console. Trust me, it is a dream job.
More information.

Why, I am so surprised you could knock me over with a feather!

Oh, wait, no I'm not.

Finally an audience of sheep for activision, bet they are salivating buzzards over rotting dead bodies.

Haha, what's the chance a console gamer will complain about being forced to be connected to play....? zero

Finally an audience of sheep for activision, bet they are salivating buzzards over rotting dead bodies.

Haha, what's the chance a console gamer will complain about being forced to be connected to play….? zero

Simple it wont require you to be online on the console.

I'd be surprised, as they would miss out on all those lucrative micro-transactions.

I cant see Sony or Microsoft letting them.

They really can't use the piracy and hacking excuses on the consoles, plus unlike PC games, requiring a net connection for the console games is not common, except for MMOs of course.

Uhhh…. the original Diablo was released for the Playstation, if I recall. But by all means continue complaining about this unprecedented and terrible development.

Who is complaining I'm just sating it wont require a constant online connection that Blizzard keeps saying is necessary to play. I always like how publishers and developers spit on the pc crowd but make excuses on why its not necessary for console.

Piracy is rampart on every gaming system and platform now. Not jut the PC. That excuse doesn't hold up anymore.

How do you know they won't require an online-connection? There are already games for consoles that require that - like the few MMOs out there.

How do you know they won't require an online-connection? There are already games for consoles that require that - like the few MMOs out there.

Simple the game is not listed as a MMO. The consoles are closed systems with rules enforced by Sony and Microsoft. I dont see Blizzard sharing the profits for the items either.

Really though it may happen but the chances are more likely it's not happening

Man, they are in for a real challenge! I have no idea how they'll be able to map Hit & Loot onto a gamepad.

well, i doubt if it will be coming out for the current generation of consoles... Look how long it's taken to get to this point for the PC.

Time and time again I've read comments from Blizzard saying that they are taking their time to provide the customers the best game possible. Since they will be starting from scratch, I'd say we can expect a console release sometime after 2020.

Back
Top Bottom