Thunderscape Old DOS-RPG

Maverick4101

Traveler
Hey everyone,

I don't know where to turn. My best friend and I have been trying to beat Thunderscape for a long time, we get past a few levels get frustrated with the gameplay and quit. Anyways we are almost done with the game and after like a 6 year hiatus from the game we almost have it beat. Unfortunately we are stuck on level 19 in the drainage area.

The walkthrough http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/SSI/thunderscape.1.html says "Follow corridor, flip lever @(22,41), then flip lever @(27,37)." but there is no lever at 27,37 to flip. We followed the walkthrough exactly. I am willing to try anything whether it is someone telling us we are retarded and we skipped a step or having someone take one of our saves and beating the part we are stuck on. If this is totally the wrong place to post this could you kindly show me a forum that I could post this on. I know this is a long shot due the game's age, but we had to try. I really appreciate it.

I haven't got the game, but the first that comes to mind is that there is a typo in the coordinates for the second switch. Have you looked around?

Thunderscape - one of my old time favourite games. Although it was never finished, but the playtime it got looks alot like yours Maverick. Don't know how many times I started to play it, but never got around to finish it. I did however started to look for it in my old games archieve (i.e box in the cellar) this summer but couldn't find it.

Wonder how i should rate it now! And to Zakhary, i remember enjoying it quit well. I loved the setting and that it was a "dungeon crawler" (or tower crawler!). :)
If you have the game i would definitly recommend it to try it out atleast. Its well worth that atleast.

Something i remembered about the game was that my monitor at the time was very dark and there was nowhere i could change the gamma which made the game unplayable for a pretty long time - or atleast until i could afford my 15" crt monitor.

Mmmm ... 15" crt monitor ....

Thanks for all the help guys. To be honest the game is frustrating as you know what, but there is something about it that keeps us coming back to beat it. The first 6 to 7 levels are a blast, but that's probably because we know those levels like the back of our hand. If you like exploring then this game is great, but the combat is pretty weak. If you alread have it though you should definately try it out.

It is hard for me to take me back to 1995 to give the gameplay a fair review because how much games have changed. If you got it try it though you might be suprised.

Thunderscape was such a great game! Thanks for reminding me!
It was one of the few that remained unfinished because of a fried HDD controller (another prominent victim was Syndicate... I lost my savegames at level 49 out of 50 :( ).

...and as per the opening post request, did JMeloy's FAQ help in any way?

Hey! This is rpgwatch! We are supposed to only glance thru the opening post and then ignore it and start talking about something somewhat related but unhelpful and irrelevant from the perspective of the OP! I thought you already knew that :(

I tried reloading an old save from a previous level and the lever still didn't load. So I am going to either have to believe that the coordinates are wrong, I am stupid, or the game is broken.

Oh well.

Played and finished that game so many years ago I don't remember a thing, but I DID finish it, which means the levers must be there somewhere.

Hmm I have wanted to go back and play this....its been so long.

@Zakhary

I read "Thunderscape ..." - it was enough for me.

I thought it was free for all.

Was there a question in the OP? How rude! :)

Back
Top Bottom