Some great free software for keeping your pc in good shape

freesoftware4u is a very useful site which indexes the TOP 30 most popular freeware downloads in each category.

With ninite you can pick the programs you want to install and it'll download and install them for you.It's a must on new Windows.

Ninite installs apps with default settings and
says "no" to browser toolbars and other junk.

Ninite checks your PC's language and 64-bit support
to install the latest, best version of each app.

Ninite runs on Windows XP/Vista/7 and works
in the background 100% hands-free.

All Ninite does is install the apps you choose.
Not even Ninite is installed.

Remember the Lotus Office software package ? It exists even nowadays - as Freeware.

http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.nsf/home

There, you have to register, but it might be available elsewhere without registration needed (for Germans : On the download pages of the magazine"CHIP" it is availale without registration nedded).

I thought I would post to bump this thread. It really should be stickied. It looks like Zach has been awol for some time now. Let's hope he's still lurking.

How up to date are some of these files? I know that Gimp has had a great update, Audacity is still good and so is VLC. Looks like the Eusing Registry Cleaner is still relevant for Windows 7.

Maybe we can get some updates. For those into development Eclipse is still a free IDE. Its a popular rival to Netbeans and is the preferred tool for Android. It used to be kind of wonky until you got used to it. I see its much improved since I last used it 5 years ago.

I thought I would post to bump this thread. It really should be stickied. It looks like Zach has been awol for some time now. Let's hope he's still lurking.

Hey Hey. Long time no see. Been Lurking every now and then, tho.

I should propably update the list on the first post for Win7/8.

Hey Hey. Long time no see. Been Lurking every now and then, tho.

I should propably update the list on the first post for Win7/8.

Hey, great to see you. Some of these apps are fairly old now and I wonder if there are modern replacements. Some age well even when abandoned.

A new one for the list is QT TabBar. It adds tab functionality to windows including multilevel which browsers don't even have yet.

http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/

Man, that QT has been a good product. Even after Nokia finally goes bankrupt and gets owned by MS that thing is going to keep on.

Back
Top Bottom