Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Chaotic Neutral

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
As the last poll has once gain died now my next question is based on tabletop boardgames, and all the PC RPGs made with the Dungeons & Dragons setting.

It's quite simple really and it's,"What D&D Alignment Do You Play As?"

Last edited:
I will chose Lawful Evil as I always like to look out for myself first in RPG games, and will do anything to achieve my goals. I'm just not crazy enough to kill everyone.

I leave that to the chaotic villains that always seem to get defeated.

Last edited:
Nearly always Chaotic Good - the Han Solo/Robin Hood type.

Usually Lawful Good with Lawful Neutral tendencies. Sometimes Neutral Good with Lawful tendencies.

Anything Evil. Mostly NE in the end.

Probably because I don't care about the cutesy Forgotten Realms. In a Ravenloft game things may be different ;)

Chaotic Good, since I'm one of those people that always plays some version of herself. The snarky spy, the idealistic revolutionary, the liberator. ;)

That's a hard one, Couch! I choose alignment depending on the personality I give to my PC. My Cleric in BG2 is Lawful Neutral, Fighter/Mage is Lawful Good while my Cleric in IWD1 is Neutral Good. So in summary, I generally like playing lawful/neutral and good/neutral class. If I roleplay PC closest to my own personality, I guess I will be Lawful Neutral. So I will pick that one in the poll :)

Last edited:
Lawful Evil......my laws are right, and my evil shall quash any might! I'm a pain in the arse, yet I follow a code, tug on my cape and ye shall catch an electrode!

I used to try and pretend I was too indie for chaotic good. But the truth is I have the same "cool rebel" fantasies as everyone else.

I always had problems with the players who play Chaotic Good characters. They don't seem to understand the "chaotic" part of the alignment and always play as "neutral" instead. I.E. a chaotic player doesn't care about fairness, ideals, honor, equality, etc. he/she gives a damn about people, and cares about no one but himself/herself. They tend to be poor leaders, because they don't care about those who doesn't meet the mark, and they are as ruthless as Evil characters when it comes to retaliation. Anarchist, pirates, raiders, smugglers, highwaymen, and most illegal activities with weak organization and/or few members are usually the kind of group where you can find CG characters. Lonely CG characters tend to be agitators, and usually have trouble with the society because of their low acceptance of social rules.

I used to try and pretend I was too indie for chaotic good. But the truth is I have the same "cool rebel" fantasies as everyone else.

"Too indie for chaotic good". That's actually really good - you should use that. xD

It reminds me of my dad always saying things like, "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

@Sumerisle

It seems your definition of Chaotic / Good differs from mine, others here, and THE standard.

Read this
A Chaotic Good character favors change for a greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom, not only for oneself, but for others as well. They always intend to do the right thing, but their methods are generally disorganized and often out of sync with the rest of society. They may create conflict in a team if they feel they are being pushed around, and often view extensive organization and planning as pointless, preferring to improvise.
Robin Hood, Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, and Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly are examples of Chaotic Good individuals.

The majority of players has had trouble playing out their alignment with all consequences since... forever.

I prefer Chaotic Neutral as it has a great deal of flexibility. I never play Lawful Good as that's too close to the real me as you'd expect!! :) I tried playing evil only once during a second playthrough of KoTOR and found I just couldn't do it.

Definitely Lawful Good. I would help everybody I see and always go for the 'goody' options.

Chaotic Neutral. What I am in real life. Survival of the fitess. :]

I left a job after 20 years because they were trying to add too many rules and regulations. I got your lawful right here. :lol:

@Sumerisle

It seems your definition of Chaotic / Good differs from mine, others here, and THE standard.

Read this

I usually give the chaotic a more literal approach than the manual. Good, how good can you be? You don't obey the law, or simply break it because you are not evil, and your goals are good. IE Punisher, "V", Anarchy (DC Villain), almost every vigilante, goodhearted criminals, etc. Chaotic characters don't believe in organization, laws, regulation, or anything that restrain their behavior, and they always think they are right.

@Sumerisle

Read this

Also I see Robin Hood as Neutral Good because he only chooses to steal or rob to reach his goal, and he has very high standards about who does he rob, disdain violence, casualties, etc. He may be seen as an outlaw, but he breaks the law for the greater good, a just cause ("help the poor"), and teach a moral reason to the rich (I rob you and give them back what you stole from them). A chaotic character might not be interested in such exemplar behavior, and might guide a bloody revolt instead.

I don't know about you guys, but all these polls are making me so much to replay both BG2 and IWD1... I just simply love those 2 games so much!! But if I go back to them, I will never play anything else... arrgghh... Been looking at some screenshots I took back in the days, always brings smile in my face :) Now, I only wish PoE will be released (anytime, yeah, Obsidian??) and wish it will bring the similar amount of joy (although I doubt it... sigh).

Back
Top Bottom