Risen No x2 AA With Forcing AA on ATI…

rockyourazz

Watchdog
Hi there,
I have a problem forcing x2 AA in ATI catalyst - I can force x4 or x8 but when I force x2 I seem to get a black texture on my camera lens blocking 99.9% of my view with or without Depth Of Field. The black isn't exactly aligned to the sides of the screen so I can see that the game is normally rendered behind it and probably with x2 too but I have this thing blocking my view…. anyone has the same problem or any ideas?

My system: E8500 - Asus P5Q-EM - Corsair XMSx2 4gb 1066mhz - Palit HD4870 Sonic 1gb - Vista 64bit - and I forced aa by changing the filename to ut3.exe

Any help will be welcomed…Thanks allot…

PS
Is there any way you can make it so that in addition to the enemy's life-gauge there would also be number representation?

Last edited:
I have got the same problem.

Radeon 4890, Driver version 9.7
Core2Duo E6400
Motherboard Asus P5B Deluxe
Win Vista SP1 x86 (32bit)

I posted a message about that issue here.

If you run it on your monitor's native resolution, I really don't see AA that important.

Yep. Also when I try to force AA on a 4870 (via the mentioned method) I get a slight
(2-4 fps) performance hit but no perceivable improvement (perhaps it was even a bit
worse ?!)…

I didn't fiddle to much with it though (i.e maybe changing the AA mode might produce
different effects ?)…

Got my copy finally btw… just 2 hours in but I can already tell I'm gonna love this game :)

Thanks for the comments guys... I guess I'll stick with just gorgeous and not gogreous and antialiast.... :)

@blackcanopus:
Sorry man... I didn't see the post... obviously :) and thank you for the tip about performance mode on the AA - the reason that I wanted x2 was because x4 was dreadfully slow but now I'll try again with performance mode......Thanks and have a great day...

You're welcome.
I am using a 1080i HD TV as my monitor, which means my native resolution is 1360x768. AA was a huge quality improvement for me. When I enabled 4XAA with AAA on, my frame-rate dropped to 15 to18. Now I have disabled AAA, and I get a frame rate of 40 (outdoors) to 250 (indoors)!

Back
Top Bottom