Haha, here's all the former dots

mudsling3

Sentinel
Here is where I recognize all those "dots". The old site just flood with a bunch of noobs asking silly and lazy questions. I am glad to find you all here. Just want to say "Hello" to you all. Long live, Gothic fans!!

Yep, we're all here. Have fun! :)

We wish we knew, but we haven't seen or heard from her in ages!!

Actually, those "noobs" are the people who start to get interested in RPGs - so treat them kindly and help them. They are the next generation of roleplaying gamers.

And something else I just noticed...RPGWatch is missing from the Community list over at the PB G3 website. Someone might want to address that issue.

Just a thought I had...

Actually, those "noobs" are the people who start to get interested in RPGs - so treat them kindly and help them. They are the next generation of roleplaying gamers.
So true.. and besides, we've all been newbies before. Something we should never forget. :)

Just that many of us were n00bs before the internet, so the audience who could laugh at our ineptitude was much smaller ;)

Yep, but I remember being a BBS Noob getting help with stuff in old SSI games!! :biggrin:

Shoot Corwin, I think we remember games that included coding for "Play by [snail] Mail".

Hell…I remember those. You got a bunch of punch cards in the mail and you set there calculating you next move and then marked you choices on the card and mailed them off to be processed in that weeks move. I played some kind of space quest game…was really cool but got quite expensive depending of your playing options. The game was called Beyond something or other…mind is getting feeble with age. :-/

Wow...what a flash back!

Shoot Corwin, I think we remember games that included coding for "Play by [snail] Mail".

That sort of thing had me excited for the PSP turn-based strategy game 'Field Commander', where you could play 'transmission mode', which was 'play by email' but over the internet. The promise was that you'd make moves and then your opponent could log in and make their moves. Too bad Sony completely botched it (as usual :rolleyes: ) - you have to go through a full login and EULA acceptance every time you want to make your moves, and all you see is the *results* of what your opponent did ...

Hell…I remember those. You got a bunch of punch cards in the mail and you set there calculating you next move and then marked you choices on the card and mailed them off to be processed in that weeks move. I played some kind of space quest game…was really cool but got quite expensive depending of your playing options. The game was called Beyond something or other…mind is getting feeble with age. :-/

Wow...what a flash back!

I don't go quite that far back, but I remember getting stuck in Zork 2 and having to use a friends 1200 baud modem to log onto compuserve to get hints. SSI, I remember playing a game called Galactic Adventures on my Atari 800. Wow times have changed.

Haha, here's all the former dots
Yes, and some of the long-time guest-posters have decided to step out from lurking in the shadows! :p

- Wolfie (the Wizardy nut)

Good to see ya here, Wolfie.
Got a melee-heavy ironman game going as we speak! :)

Hi all former Dotters.
I'm glad, i finally found this site. This site seems to be much quicker than the old dot.

Hello from an old timer RPGDot member (I was MMO moderator and newseditor for a while but then collapsed). I just noticed RPGDot staff has moved to this new site.

I stopped reading RPGDot when the new layout for the site was done. It went into complete mess. This new site looks much better and promising.

Hello to everyone who might remember me :)

Hello , Asheron's Ghost.

Back
Top Bottom