Interplay reloaded?!

zyklop

Watchdog
Silence has come over Interplay since they sold out all of the game licenses including Fallout. But now a little star of hope is rising at the horizon - a few days ago the old interplay website got an "addition": http://interplay.com/
Rumors told about it, like this one: http://n4g.com/industrynews/News-121434.aspx

What do you think - is this the beginning of Interplays comeback? Perhaps with a Fallout MMO like mentioned some time ago?

They were hiring people some months ago for work on an unspecified MMO, so that's nothing new.

You think changing a website is more significant than hiring people?

Really?

As I've said Interplay should have done the right thing and properly "died" a long time ago, as I can see no way they can make a really good, not to mention convincing MMO out of Fallout, their sole project existing project as far as anyone knows.

Btw, I can't see how the "new" site featuring images from older Interplay titles most of which Interplay either lost or never had the rights to, can signal a change for the good since we last had news of their continuing undead existence.

Huh, what?

Interplay owns the rights to MDK, Earthworm: Jim, Dark Alliance, Fallout and Descent (oh, and Battle Chess, I think). Barring Descent, those are the game they have on that picture. The drow is a bit iffy, but they could just rename it dark elf and use it in a Dark Alliance game, 's long as they use nothing D&D.

Here's the facts:
- They've been hiring new people
- They probably moved into a new office by now
- They have several major investors already

Well, "Coming soon" on the website indicates for me, that there is "coming soon" a major announcement concerning a new Interplay game. And for me as a games dinosaur, who has grown up with classic interplay titles, this is interesting... ;)

Yeah, right, after they sold out!! I'll never buy anything from Interplay again!!

I like that, perhaps someone should make it their sig!! :biggrin:

I loved some of their games, but I doubt they will, at least initially, recapture the magic.

It's the people behind the games that make they what they are.

EA could relaunch Origin, but without Richard Garriott or Chris Roberts, would it mean much?

It's the people behind the games that make they what they are.

EA could relaunch Origin, but without Richard Garriott or Chris Roberts, would it mean much?

It's like the Grinch stealing everything looking like Christmas.

Or sort of.

Back
Top Bottom