Overlord - First Impressions at EuroGamer

txa1265

SasqWatch
EuroGamer has some first impressions of the upcoming Dungeon Keeper inspired game:
With my all-conquering horde of faithful goblin servants at my heels, carrying with them the spoils of their recent pillaging rampage through a nearby halfling village, I have returned to the idyllic hamlet of Spree. Despite my terrifying visage, replete with spiky helmet, giant axe, flowing blood-red cloak and aforementioned horde of goblin minions, the villagers appear to have seen fit to lock me - me, the very embodiment of evil in the land! - out of the town.
More information.

It's funny - I didn't realize how close the release was untli I hit the end of this article ... wow ... coming this month!

When I first read about this game, I thought it was a promising idea but hard to pull off well enough to make an actual game. Let's hope they managed it. I for one would love to try on that spiky helmet...

Besides confirming the 26th of June for release, this article also talks about a 'coming soon' demo. That should be nice to see if we'll like it ...

This one's out on the PC as well. -- I've occasionally toyed with the idea of buying a console, but there are actually really few games I'd like to play that are available on them and not on the PC. (Zelda springs to mind.) So I haven't, and I probably won't, not unless some real killer comes up.

The most interesting RPGs are for PC, so I would upgrade my PC. The next blockbusters don't seem to be too demanding, technically.

The most interesting RPGs are for PC, so I would upgrade my PC. The next blockbusters don't seem to be too demanding, technically.

I bought a 360 for oblivion rather than upgrade my computer, it's just gathered dust since I lost interest in that. Seem to be a few new things coming out for the 360 but nothing compared to pc, and anything on the 360 seems to be a dual release.

Overlord looks good fun though. Seems like there's some good stuff coming up :)

Back
Top Bottom