Google dropping the ball

Lucky Day

Daywatch
A few years back a wrote a rant about MS on this same topic. MS is everyone's favourite doormat but my point of it was its lack of marketing savvy in the past few years (and a recent article in the WSJ (IIRC) points the finger at Steve Ballmer and his "me too" approach, especially their want to get into the tablet market instead of just selling its OS).

Lately, Google has been dropping the ball on a lot of things. Did anyone here used to use Google news? Until they completely changing it back they're new new two column (actually 3) version is not good enough for me (luckily several posters there have recommended breakingnewsfeed.com).

Other issues are Google Buzz, of course and their cell phone.

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2010/07/is-google-getting-sloppy.html

It is normal the way it goes…. when you are a small company you can come-up with new hip things quite easily and you are very agile….. when you grow and become bigger and bigger it gets harder and harder. Google is beginning to fall into this position too. They still earn almost all their money through the search www.googe.com…. they know they have to find other ways. Bing is acctually not that bad from microsoft and none knows when a new search engine using new tech which is even better will show up.

So google have to try new things, even things they're not as good as…..

Back
Top Bottom