Should I buy AC:Rogue?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Asking those who played AC games. Never played any of those as am not prepared to spend a fortune on stuff that's usually called boring and repetitive. That means I'm not giving even 10 bucks for that stuff - which is the reason I didn't buy AC2 nor AC3 yet although prices dropped on those two (or were on some sale).

The only comment on AC games generally I found was this:
Rogue is genuinely good. Get it.

IV was fun, but was buggy and owned a mediocre plot.

III was Ebola.

II and Brotherhood were the best in the series. And where AC started to shine and got milked by UBEsoft.

The first one was more to a concept and prototype. A lot of the gameplay for the AC we know wasn't from there. And the plot was boring.

Basically, I want a game with a good story. I don't want Shadow of Mordor motion capture presentation, nor singleplayer MMO aka sandbox parkour simulator with a few mission types that repeat endlessly till you die out of boredom.
Does anyone have this "sequel"? Is it worth buying for someone who couldn't care less for mocap, hates grinding and wants a game with a decent story?

The only one I played out of all of them is the first one and this is a really good description of what it is:
parkour simulator with a few mission types that repeat endlessly till you die out of boredom.

I never touched the others because of that. Some people might have and can tell if it got better.

Last edited:
Same as azarhal - the first one displeased me mightily, and I never went there again.

I have been told by a couple of friends that the piratey one is pretty good fun, and I think Rogue is sort of an extension of that one.

Rogue is standalone game that brings more different and additional stuff not seen in Black Flag like for example your ship can sunk if hit by ice floe - already did my homework on that so if I will buy AC game, that won't be BF. ;)

I haven't tried it yet, but I will eventually. It has to be said though: I greatly enjoyed Black Flag, and I consider it the best AC game. From what I can tell, Rogue is "more of the same", but with some additional features, which means it should be good. However, it is still AC at the core - the running and jumping and stuff remains the same, so anyone who doesn't enjoy the basic gameplay of AC (or Shadow of Mordor) probably won't be able to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom