Witcher Stuck in Act II any help is welcomed...

The Witcher

pissoffatguy

Traveler
Hello to everyone,

My question is the following:

Im in act II, at the part where iIm supposed to investigate. So i did, i prove Vincent innocent, i have done thaler up the ass, ramsmeat too, i cannot talk to them anymore. I have done the golems and anything else i can think of i have done. Before i came here asking for help i started reading a guide and what it said was that raymond who is gone, would reach me through a boy when i entered the temple quater from the dike. So i left and i entered again, nothing happend, why? because i did not talk to Declan Leuvaarden, it said to investigate him but I CANNOT. All his options are gray.

1. How is business.
2. Farewell

That is all i can ask him, i try talking to Vicent to see if i can get into the cementery but i cannot, every character is grayed out.

So im stuck? im asking for any help any advice.
Also would this be a bug? or is there something else i have to do?

Thanks

Have you
done the prisoner in the hospital part, gotten the body for the autopsy with Shani? Check all your quests in your journal and see what steps are left. The prisoner is a big factor.

Yes, as magerette points out lots to do here and there is more than One quest tied to this investigation. There are about 5 or 6 suspects, you have to talk to them all at least once.
At least the way I did it was to not accuse them, sort of take their word until I could prove otherwise, as this is how law is should to work.
If you check the prisoiner and interview each person then you will, get more information and you may even get a chance to get the key to the cometary where you can learn more but it's not necessary to complete the quest, just adds more dynamic. :)

K if you mean the prisoner, where he mentions rammeats name and like the thugs come and die (because i killed them). After that you learn that he was move to a new location. But no i have not done the autopsy cause no one has mention it, however i though that Raymond (jazad masked) was the one that ask me to do that? does he not? cause shani mentions nothing of it.

I already investigated everyone and found Vincent innocent, Vavaldi innocent and everyone else which are Kalsomething (the alchemist) and Thaler not guilty for now cause i have no facts against them. However i checked my quest and it says to INVESTIGATE Declan Leuvaarden but no option comes up, he does not talk about salamandra at all. I already talked to him before and told him i believe him, but it still says i must investigate him and yet no option comes up to do this. Is there another way to trigger the autopsy? can you tell me please? cause i though you had to investigate first and then raymond contacted you about the body or something like that.

Last edited:
Yes, you can do the autopsy, if you didn't yet. I hear it is optional, but I have always done it as much as possible for more exp.
Have you tried talking to Raymond, if so there must be someone you haven't spoken to or some other part you have not done.
The boy does not necessarily come at the dike, he comes whenever you have spoken to the everyone, so whomever is last.
Have you tried to speak to everyone again, try being nice if you have been rude just to see what happens.

I hope you don't have a broken/bug quest, it does happen but make sure you try to speak to everyone, maybe do the autopsy and/or the cemetary.
Where is Raymond now?

I think i do have the bug thingy but before I start getting mad, i will try anything that is possible.

Raymond is gone, i went into his house help him kill the bandits and he says he will contact me.

I think my bug is the fact that the game gives me no option to talk to Declan Leuvaarden about salamandra. I did do it before, but in my journal it says i MUST speak with him, yet there is NO option to talk to him about salamandra or say i believe his innnocence, i said i believed him but the quest did not change, or i did it to early and then i got the quest, i dont know.

Btw what are the people i must talk to do the autopsy? is it not Raymond? when he contacts me? If there is other people that i can talk to please tell me... even though i know its just a bug.

Any helps still appreciated.

If you haven't been there yet,
go to the cemetery and talk to the gravedigger and see if that starts anything for you. It's always hard to tell exactly where someone else has gone wrong--I know doing the autopsy helped trigger some dialogue changes for me, even though I'd already apparently got the go ahead in another quest--and yes it is Raymond who wants you to do it, after you find out the truth about him I think--it's normal for him not to be around til then.
Also, check out the official forums, ACT 2--there's a lot of feedback there, and this thread has a walkthru of the whole investigation.

Good luck and welcome to the boards. :)

Last edited:
See, if you have already talked to Luvarden then your journal is just wrong, once you speak to them, it counts, so there is something else your missing.
You have to talk to Shanni at her house after 7pm, to ask for the autopsy, then run to the gravedigger to get to him before he leaves, get him to leave the body at the hospitial, then meet Shanni at 10 pm or so even though it says midnight you can get there early, if you already did the autopsy, I just got confused, by where you are and what you have done, so ignore if done. :)
Just forget about Luvarden for the moment, try everyone else one more time.
In regards to Raymond, when he runs out after the attack, he runs right back in so he should still be in his house, try it. :)

One more thing, has Ray asked you for 200 gold? I refused him for awhile and got nowhere, then I paid it and he asked me to do the autopsy.

Omg, you tight wad! ;)

Okay i talked to everyone again just to realize that there is really nothing i can do. Everyone is grey meaning they have done all they will do. I have done everything, talked to everyone and my journal still says i have to talk to the FAT TRADER GUY, (who i just want to kill and keep going but it wont let me lol.) The thing is without me interrogating the suspects all of them Raymond wont comeback and i wont get the option for the autopsy, which is what leads to the cementery meaning im stuck simply stuck cause it wont record me talking to the FAT TRADER GUY (Luvarden). Acleacius i did forget about him and talked to everyone else nothing happens and nothing will happend i can tell.

So i start agian from chapter one and hope it does not happen again, its fun game so it really does not matter.

I want to thank everyone in here freaking awesome all of you for giving help.

Sorry for wasting your time, i kinda knew what happen already but i just wanted to make sure.

Well it's only chapter 2 but still, I havent seen many game breakers in chap2, maybe you're missing someone at the wrong time

I know--I can't help feeling it might be this (Major Spoiler):

He hasn't found Raymond's body

because there's more triggers here than just talking to the suspects, but of course I could be wrong.

magerette finding that like the autopsy is not necessary afaik and have read, so he must be right about it being another bug. I have even read some don't get into the cemetery until chapter 3, because they piss off many people on the investigation.

I know how you feel, pissoffatguy believe me, I have replayed chapter 2 at least 3 complete times trying to get everything to work correctly.
Good luck and maybe avoiding talking to Luvarden before the investigation starts would be safest, maybe ignore doing his Safe Haven quest or going to the Swamp.

I experienced problems with the journal not working correctly in Investigation, Ghost Story and probably others I can't recall atm.

Last edited:
Yea i will wait until the quest shows to talk to him.

Once again thank you, magerette and everyone else who helped me out, really appreciated.

No problem. Better luck next time. :)

have you talked to the guy at the bar: the messenger?
trie to drink with him and beat him, if i'm not mistaken he tells you leuvaarden is buying salamander brooches

Have you done all other "active" quests?

BTW a grey dialogue option does NOT mean that it won't lead anywhere... I missed out on a quest in the swamp because I didn't repeatedly choose the greyed-out "got work?" option from the woodcutter. May be a bug tho.

Yes, I found that in a few conversations, they appeared grey but offered new info or different conversation options. I also had the stuck feeling, but I can't tell you what I did to finally trigger a new clue other then talk to all NPC's again, and finish sidequests. Something triggered or I got new info and was able to move on. I would just plug through a bit longer before giving up.

Back
Top Bottom