Please help me...

lostnumber

Watchdog
I'm not much of a marketing guy, but if I want my MBA I have to get through this. My marketing class has the small team I belong to developing a marketing plan. As you might have guessed my team decided to market a game, a cell phone/PDA game to be exact. We are moving along for the time being but happen to be a little low on financial data.

With all the expertise I see flying around here I know that this community is a valuable resource that should not be left untapped. Although I would prefer financial information and statistical data related to game sales and marketing I will gladly delve into anything anyone here provides.

So please if you have a source of information that you are privy to and think it would be helpful please let me know. Thanks in advance! Have a good weekend.

You could try to (re)post your request on GameDev.net where a lot of professional help should be available. Regarding sales data, the best source should be NPD but the information is not freely available for the most part. You could go through their free press release archive though. It contains some general info about the entertainment business (gross annual revenue, expectations and stuff like that).

Hope that helps...

Yes it does, I need more info on forecasting... THANKS!!!! The OCT 26 article was helpful, the sept 19th article was a little shocking. I thought the heavy use market would be older.

Ok, so for the sake of ease here the team shifted our segment. We are still cooking up a 2d puzzle game but will instead market it to PC gamers. At this point we need info on competition, threats, and financials. We are going with cheap and super catchy, no more than $15 reg. retail. Yes I know it's a competitive niche, but it's probably our best chance. Let me know what you think and if there are any leads you can offer.

You might want to consider going to some of the game sites that are selling similar products and try emailing or private message any of the Devs or moderators. Hopefully one or two would respond for the sake of education and can help or pass you on to someone who can.

Back
Top Bottom