Fable 2 - PC Rumours @ Gamona.de

I'll buy a brand new PC just for that game. I had a lot of fun with the first one.

Oh, come on, is this really news-worthy?
One, it's an entirely unsubstantiated rumour.
Two...would anyone actually be surprised if it were true? I mean, even then, would it be news-worthy? Personally, I don't think so, for one simple reason: Fable II = Fable.
From inception, through the development (aka "hype") cycle and on to the release, with subsequent contemptible lack of true critical reviews, this game has brought nothing new to the genre nor has it done much to improve on its predecessor (save for technical advancements). Same exact graphic style, simplistic moralizing and ridiculous "emote-esque" character interactions, down to the childish take on combat and fantasy in general. Why, even the whole "it's for consoles only" thing is shaping up the same.
Anyone recall what happened with Fable? Let's review: it was purportedly for the XBOX alone, then, after achieving a certain measure of financial success, it was ported over to the PC with the subtitle "The Lost Chapters." What did these chapters entail? Venturing to a snow-covered isle where a mystic shrine allowed you to engage in further "adventures" (the quotes are quite intentional).
...say, what was just announced for Fable II? Some new DLC? You don't say. Whatever does it feature? From the release: "...island of Knothole is dying: its golden sands and lush vegetation are covered with snow, its people freezing, its treasures buried. Only a hero can face the trials of the three shrines to bring back the sunshine." Wow, how very original and completely unexpected!

Wow, how very original and completely unexpected!

And that's why the rumor shouldn't be newsworthy? Because you didn't like the game, because the sequel is too similar to the first one? I'm not sure I get the point of your post.

I'll be skipping ANY version. :)

I learned my lesson with the first Fable.

You didn't like it? Sure, it was over hyped but I thought it was pretty fun and I liked the atmosphere of the game. It doesn't come any where near Gothic but it was not bad.

Anything is better Morrowind/Oblivion

I'm half enjoying fable 2. Mind you I'm bloody knackered at the moment and am quite in the mood for simplistic & light hearted entertainment.

I've only ever played it on the xbox, if I'm sitting at the pc there's generally better alternatives.

While Fable 1 didn't hold any interest for me, so I never even tried it, I'm actually quite looking forward to Fable 2 on PC and barring any major glitches would probably get it.

You didn't like it? Sure, it was over hyped but I thought it was pretty fun and I liked the atmosphere of the game. It doesn't come any where near Gothic but it was not bad.

Anything is better Morrowind/Oblivion

I guess it depends on your style. Fable doesn't even come close to Morrowind/Oblivion imho. At least you can freely explore in those games, Fable was a complete joke when it came to non-linearity.

And that's why the rumor shouldn't be newsworthy? Because you didn't like the game, because the sequel is too similar to the first one? I'm not sure I get the point of your post.

A) I never mentioned disliking the game. There are facets of such (noted in my initial post) that I find to be trite or otherwise off-putting, however, I do own Fable and Fable II. As with Benedict, sometimes I'm just in the mood for mindless, lighthearted entertainment.
B) The point of my post was to emphasize something that (to me, at least) is glaringly apparent: did anyone not see this coming?

C) Finally, yes, the sequel is too similar to the first one.

Back
Top Bottom