Borderlands 2 - Review Roundup #2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
More Reviews on Borderlands 2 are available, with one sticking out!
The Wall Street Journal compares Borderlands 2 with games like COD and recieved a lot of criticism for it, as the comments on the interview show:
And Borderlands 2 misses on enough counts so that I not only didn’t joy puke, I didn’t even get a tiny bit of mirthful bile in my throat. It may be the game for you, but if you’re in the market for a new FPS, I’d at least counsel waiting to compare it to Black Ops 2, due out Nov. 13, or Halo 4, which is slated for a Nov. 6 release.
G4TV gives it the maximum score of 5 ot of 5:
Gearbox has evolved the way that the game deals with any progress you make in someone else's session. Say you jump into a friend's game after their first hour, and then proceed to play in co-op together for another four hours. When you start your own save for that character, you'll keep whatever level you were at and any gear you had, but you'll also be at the beginning of the game. Play through the first hour that you didn't do in co-op and you'll then be presented with a Yes/No prompt asking if you'd like to skip previously completed content. Choose yes, and the game will automatically whisk you ahead to wherever you were at when your co-op session ended.
Maturegaming also rates it with 5 out of 5:
Overall, Borderlands 2 is everything you ever wanted in a follow up game. Borderlands 2 engages the fan, keeps the original features in tact that pulled fans in the first time around as well as expanding on and improving other areas without detracting from what made the game great in the first place, something that other studios may want to learn from. Your time in Pandora will again be a memorable one and the crazy ride that it entails as well as the wacky characters, comedic storylines and over the top humour will firmly cement Borderlands 2 as one of the, if not THE Game Of The Year.
The Verge does not go with the flow and rate it 7.5/10:
Co-op and excellent writing make Borderlands 2 worth checking out, but it can't escape occasional bouts of fatigue and repetition. It creaks somewhat under the pressure of needing to be more without the lightning-in-a-bottle newness that propped Borderlands up. The shooting still lags behind other first-person frontrunners, and combat too often feels like an afterthought in Borderlands 2's enormous world. It's often mired in the design problems of the genres it borrows from.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom