Fallout 4 - Get yourself a Pip-Boy... or Not

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
You never knew you needed one, but according to Bethesda it is an enhancement to playing Fallout 4: A Pip-Boy on your mobile device.

From Vault-Tec and RobCo Industries comes the Pip-Boy - America's finest, easiest-to-use personal information processor - now available for free on iOS and Android with and will be available for Windows mobile devices later today.

CREATING AN ELECTRONIC BOND!

This app lets your portable device interact with Fallout 4 on your Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC. Away from your game system? No problem! Pip-Boy will remember your status and allow you to access your data while on the go.
Not only does it allow to interact with the game, but apparently it is also a life changer.

SYNCRONIZED TO YOUR TERMINAL!

Improve your life by integrating completely with Fallout 4. Check your Stats, Inventory, Map, Radio and even play your holotape games all from the convenience of your Pip-Boy application.
What would we do without Bethesda to help us improving our lives. No more wasting our time by watching the Pip-Boy on the screen that we are using to actually play the game. We can now look at a separate screen with that info! Perhaps even a small separate screen, for those who don't own a tablet or phablet.

MINI GAME MANIA!

Thanks to revolutionary advances in emulation technology, you can now play holotape games on your Pip-Boy. Atomic Command included free!

MADE JUST FOR YOU!

Designed for both new Vault Dwellers and those already familiar with the dangers of the Wasteland!
How much better would the previous Fallout games have been if we had this feature at the time?

FALLOUT 4 PIP-BOY EDITION COMPATIBILITY!

Did you purchase the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition for your favorite game system? Make sure to snap in your phone device for the complete Pip-Boy experience!

App Store Link, Google Play Link
Don't you feel your life has just been improved?

More information.

I feel like my life was just exposed to some really catty online journalism.

Oh my... I fear for Joxer's sanity now...

You fear that this will make Joxer sane? :devil:

Shots fired.

I feel like my life was just exposed to some really catty online journalism.
Yeah, it sucks to have people with an opinion on a news site.

Games already do this. Shadows of mordor and watchdogs had companion apps. No biggie.

Since it is totally free, I don't see the harm. I downloaded it and it's a neat little gimmick.

Since it is totally free, I don't see the harm. I downloaded it and it's a neat little gimmick.

Free, but at what cost? Mobile apps (and devices) are notorious for tracking users.

If I wanted sarcasm masquerading as wit in my game news I could go anywhere else on the internet. I've always appreciated that RPGWatch news (mostly) comes without a smug sense of superiority about these arbitrarily chosen games being cool but those games being for dumb people.

Re: the fallout app, it's a cute gimmick but I can't see it being more useful than just hitting f1/f2/f3 to bring up the right menu page. You'd want to pause the game anyway while fiddling with your inventory, or you'd get shot in the head. Although I guess for hardcore RPing, that's actually an advantage. (the verisimilitude part, not the getting shot in the head part)

Everybody can go anywhere else on the Internet, so that is a rather silly statement to make.
You don't like how I made this post? That is fine. I didn't know I had journalistic skills, but if they don't live up to your expectations, that is fine too. You want to complain about this, my skills, my behavior or whatever. Great? This is the place to do it, so you've come to the right thread. Welcome :)

Fallout 4 a Get yourself a Pip-Boy… Or Not
O… For a moment I thought you were talking about this news @ Eurogamer:

Fallout 4 fans furious as GAME cancels Pip-Boy Edition pre-orders
[…]
Customers were informed of their orders being cancelled via email this morning, and told it was due to their payment method being declined.

Those that have managed to reach the chain's swamped helpline - including one customer that waited 90 minutes on hold - were told that GAME would be contacting affected customers by phone over the weekend to arrange a fresh order.

No timescale was given for delivery.

There has been an update:
UPDATE 3.30pm: GAME has admitted that its Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition order cancellations were caused by an error in its own ordering system.

Well, read all about the frustrations @ Eurogamer.

Ubi's AC:Unity phone "companion" was hated by the community so much they ditched it and unlocked ingame chests/missions otherwise unlockable only through the phonegame idiocy.

I don't think Bethesda wants to try that failed experiment themselves.

It's not "totally free" if it influences the design of the core game in any way, as some of Ubi's add-on mobile apps have.

Well, since it looks almost exactly like the pip-boy from Fallout 3, I don't think we have that worry this time.

Back
Top Bottom