Gothic 2: NotR - In 4K Resolution!? It's True!

D

Deleted User

Hey Watchers!
smiley-smile.gif

In this exciting video I take a look at Andre aka degenerated's D3D11 Renderer mod for Gothic 2. This video was shot in 4K resolution at 2160p, so if you have a 4K display, make sure to watch in 4K!

Please note - It sometimes takes YouTube several hours to several days to render the proper 2160p footage, so if it doesn't show up for you, check back later!

Hey everyone! In this exciting video, I showcase Andre aka degenerated's D3D11 renderer in full 4k resolution! Yes, the mod supports 4k resolution, and the end result looks fantastic!

Even if you don't have a 4k display, fear not. The video will downscale to 1080p and you will get the bonus of watching an excellent quality 1080p video, since the downscaling from 4k makes 1080p look even better than usual!

Hope you enjoy! To follow Andre's work, check out this thread on World of Gothic. http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1438917-D3D11-Renderer-für-Gothic-2-(alpha)-14
Enjoy!
smiley-cool.gif

More information.

Ahhh, Khorinis. Home sweet home.

What's the difference with your earlier vid, Fluent? Is this a new version of the renderer you're showcasing?

I'm not the biggest fan of the Gothic series, but I quite like it. My main problem is the style. Mainly of the chars/clothes. It's all so unnaturally bulky and my first thought is always "WoW", which is not good.

Ahhh, Khorinis. Home sweet home.

What's the difference with your earlier vid, Fluent? Is this a new version of the renderer you're showcasing?

Yes. It's the latest version as of June 2015 (I didn't catch the exact version number, sorry). It has more effects and things I didn't get to show off in this video, so another video will be shot soon.

The big difference between this video and the previous one is that I showed off a different location and it's in 4K resolution. Of course, the engine has been tweaked as well for the newer releases, so it should look a bit better all the way around.

Does this mod have to be first person? Surely Gothic has always been 3rd person, and thus never game me motion sickness! :)

Does this mod have to be first person? Surely Gothic has always been 3rd person, and thus never game me motion sickness! :)

Of course not. But I prefer playing the game in first person, so that is the mode I showed off. You can easily play in 3rd person if that is your preference.

Where does one download this and does it work with gog version ?

It works with all versions of the game and the download link is in the thread that I linked in the YouTube description. Check it out. :)

But youtube doesn't work on my PC!
Only forum does.
I'm doomed. :(

Thanks!!!

Impressive. Truly hope the late beta or final version is to be released soon.

Here's my second G2 video in 4K resolution, showing off the D3D11's particle and magic effects, dynamic lights and shadows and enhanced rain features. Check it out!

I've had finishing this game in my backlog forever. With this mod maybe I'll bump it up a few slots. :)

Thanks Fluent.

I've had finishing this game in my backlog forever. With this mod maybe I'll bump it up a few slots. :)

Thanks Fluent.

You're welcome. :) I look forward to finishing my playthrough of the game as well sometime. I'm already 40 hours deep in it.

The great thing about this mod is that it doesn't detract from the original feel of the game in the way a texture pack or other graphical mod might. It stays true to the feel of the original but basically gives the entire thing a new coat of paint.

The video stutters. This looks unplayable too me.

The video stutters. This looks unplayable too me.

Gorath, this is a bug with YouTube or something. The video I recorded is at 40-60 FPS with no choppiness at all. Once I upload it to YouTube, it looks choppy in some resolutions. I have no idea how to solve it and YouTube support isn't generally too helpful.

I don't know what it could be. It seems all the 2160p60 footage stutters badly and even sometimes lower resolution settings stutter on certain people's computers. 1080p60 and 1440p60 look smooth on my PC, so there's no telling what is causing all this.

I'll continue to investigate and try to figure out what is going wrong. I have a feeling it is on YouTube's end, though. :(

Back
Top Bottom