Steam Sale

I don't know weither to love or hate Steam at the moment.

That's horrible. I will probably spend some money here.

Regarding Star Wolves, does the latest version include most of the gameplay of the others?

How's SpaceForce 2 Rogue Universe? Also curious how this whole Star Wolves thing breaks down...

Is star wolve 3 any good? I've heard mixed reviews.

I heard of a more-than-weak AI, but it's looong ago hat I read anything about it ...

And Alpha Protocol follows ME2 and Dragon Age into the group of "sale prices that are still more expensive then a boxed copy". Steam are weird.

Last edited:
Alpha Protocol is on sale for $33.50 today (6/25).

I bought it, though I might let it sit a bit waiting for the promised patch.

Oh crap. This isn't going to be pretty. Witcher EE/DC is $7. Majesty 2 is $15. Majesty 1 with XP is $5. I need more games like a hole in the head right now.

I really have to keep myself from buying stuff that I will never play. Knowing me, that's an unrealistic resolution.

Regarding Star Wolves, does the latest version include most of the gameplay of the others?

Not entirely sure what you mean. I finished the original Star Wolves and loved it. As far as I know, the next two are more of the same with new stories and some tweaks.

Is star wolve 3 any good? I've heard mixed reviews.

I haven't played SW3 yet but, having posted some of the reviews as newsbits, I'm pretty sure some of the negative reviews are simply inappropriate expectations. I loved SW1 but it had the usual Russian trademarks, such as awful voice-acting and being entirely un-cinematic. Anyone expecting AAA polish will be completely underwhelmed. If you expect a Russian space RPG with a branching plotline, combat like an RTS, cheesy characters and awful voiceovers, I'm sure it will be fun.

I deliberately waited for a sale. Doubt I'll be disappointed for $7 but it certainly isn't a must-have. I'm a sucker for spaceships, I should point out.

Not entirely sure what you mean. I finished the original Star Wolves and loved it. As far as I know, the next two are more of the same with new stories and some tweaks.
My question was more along the lines of whether the Star Wolves games are really different games apart from the obviously different game story, or more like the same sandbox that has been extended for each version but is otherwise more or less the same, with some fig leaf of a campaign attached?

As far as I know (and from a couple of hours with SW3), they are essentially the same. I liked the original enough to want more but they don't seem to have done much to advance the mix.

As far as I know (and from a couple of hours with SW3), they are essentially the same. I liked the original enough to want more but they don't seem to have done much to advance the mix.
Ah, thanks! In the meantime, I have read that Star Wolves 3 was sold as an extension/replacement of Star Wolves 2 in Russia, because Star Wolves 2 bombed. I'll stick with #3 then and avoid the enormous expense of $6.24 for a pack with the first two games :D.

Back
Top Bottom