A list of possible Roleplaying Games in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
List of upcoming RPG titles.
Many will appear in 2007 although some might be delayed further.

Released
Alien Shooter Vengeance by Sigma Team (Sci-Fi)
Dawn of Magic by Sky Fallen (Fantasy)
Geneforge 4: Rebellion by Spiderweb Software
Loonyland II: Winter Woods
by Hamumu
Silverfall by Monte Cristo (Fantasy)
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne by Iron Lore (Fantasy)
Spellforce II: Dragon Storm by JoWood
UFO: Afterlight by ALTAR Games
UFO: Extra Terrestials by Chaos Concept
Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Shivering Isles by Bethesda Softworks
Jade Empire by Bioware (Beat Em Up)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R by THQ (FPS)
Two Worlds by ZUXXEZ Entertainment

RPG's
Games mixing story, dialogue, personal choice, moral questions, pausable or turnbased combat and character customization.

"Alien RPG" by Obsidian Software
Recently announced. Not much info on this one yet. Assuming it's a traditional RPG considering Obsidians past titles. Ofcourse based on the movies so we may assume a Science Fiction RPG.

Dragon Age by Bioware
Promises "deep, cinematic storyline". We can presume this fantasy game will follow the tradition of KOTOR/JadeEmpire.

Drakensang: the Dark Eye by Radon Labs
Based on the fantasy Pen and Paper RPG "The Dark Eye".

Grotesque: Heroes Hunted
Classic and beautiful fantasy RPG with lots of humour

Hard to be God by Burut CT
Fantasy RPG with adventure and espionage elements based on a storyline of the novel with the same name by Strugatsky brothers.

Neverwinter Nights 2 : Mask of the Betrayer by Obsidian Software
Expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2.

Not the Time for Dragons by KranX Productions
Russian party-based Steampunk RPG

The Fall: Last Days of Gaya by Silver Style
Post-apocalypse game still awaiting english release. Silver Style previously made "Gora-sul".

Vampire World by Mayhem Studios
Vampire filled modern rpg with adventure elements, dealing with the investigation of a dead vampire slayer.

Hack & Slash
More action than RPG, with emphasis on killing hordes, pumping xp, loot galore. No character choices, almost no story. Also known as "diablo clones". Read the website for more info.
Note: If someone believe that any of theese titles contains more than hacking monsters for xp, tell me, and I will move the title to Action RPG's.

Legend: Hand of God by Master Creating (Fantasy)
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom by Blue Side (Fantasy)
Loki by Cyanide (Fantasy)
Mythos by Flagship Studios (Fantasy)
Sacred 2 by Ascaron (Fantasy)

Strategy/Tactical games with RPG elements
Tactical/Strategic games that borrows RPG elements such as creating and customizing heroes.

Battle Lord by Katauri Interactive
Russian fantasy game with a blend of adventure, rpg and RTS

Day Watch by Nival Interactive
Sequel to "Night Watch", tactical modern-day "horror" rpg.
Deals with Day Watch revenge for battles lost to Night Watch. Expands the war globally to Moscow, Paris and Washington DC.

Disciples III: Renaisance by Akella
Third game in this hybrid of fantasy strategy/rpg hybrid series.

Dropship by Laidback Gaming
A squad-based turnbased wargame made by ex Troika guys, previously known as Project T-BAR 3/4. Using the Source engine. Some more info here.

Jagged Alliance 3 by f3games
The "Anti-Terrorist" modern RPG Jagged Alliance gets a third title at last, being developed by f3games on behalf of Strategy First. Might be some screenshots here.

King's Bounty: the Legend by Katauri Interactive
Fantasy adventuregame with tactical turn-based battles and role-playing elements.

Stranger by Fireglow Games
A RTS/RPG fantasy game.

Action cross-genré games with strong RPG elements
Close calls, action games with stronger RPG elements than just hacking/looting.

Bioshock by Irrational Games (FPS)
Made by many of the people who developed System Shock 2 as well as Freedom Force. Set slightly after the 2nd world war in an under water city.
Said to have strong emphasis on moral choices and personal decisions.

Depths of Peril by Soldak Entertainment (Strategy)
Fantasy action RPG with strong strategy elements.

Divine Divinity 2 by Larian Studios
Not many screenshots released on this one, and the name is still unnannounced, but a roadsign on one of them pretty much gave it away... the sequel to one of the best fantasy rpg's in all time is coming.

Elveon by 10tacle Studios
Fantasy action rpg

ENOSTA: Discovery Beyond by Kvazar Studio / Akella (Space Sim)
A space roleplaying game by the makers of Sea Dogs & Privateer´s Bounty

Fallout 3 by Bethesda Softworks
Not much to say about this post-apocalypse title so far more than a press release. Assume it's going to be an action RPG considering Oblivion is.

Grafan by Emogence (FPS)
First-Person singeplayer RPG, assumed to be a fantasy game. Made by ex Microsoft people.

Heart of Eternity by Ukrainian Development Company
Massive Singleplayer RPG with a non-linear plot.

Hellgate: London by Flagship Studios
A dark science fiction action roleplaying game set in a dark London. Made by people who were behind Diablo 2.

Lord of Creatures by Arvirago Entertainment
A fantasy game about finding and training creatures, made by the makers of Commandos and Commandos 2.

Overlord by Triumph Studios
Codemasters try the "Play the Villian" fantasy concept.

The Precursors by Deep Shadows (FPS/Space Sim)
A science fiction RPG/FPS with strategy elements, made by the developers behind Boiling Point

White Gold: War in Paradise by Deep Shadows (FPS)
Spiritual sequel to the game Boiling Point, made by the same developer but with a greatly improved engine. Set in the carribean.

Witcher by CDProject
A storydriven fantasy action roleplaying game backed up by Bioware.

Indie
RPG's made by small unknown publishers and sometimes freeware.

Age of Decadence by Iron Tower Studio
An isometric & turn-based fantasy rpg

Afterfall by Intoxicate Interactive
Post Apocalypse RPG

Eschalon: Book One by Basilisk Games
Old School fantasy RPG across massive outdoor environments

Grimoire by Grimoire Systems
Old fashion RPG in the Tradition of Wizardry, Dungeon Master, Lands of Lore, Eye of the Beholder and Might & Magic. Turnbased in first person view.

Mount and Blade by Taleworlds
Medieval rpg with emphasis on realistic medieval combat

Nethergate: Ressurection by Spiderweb Software
Following Spiderweb's remake of Exile 1-3 (now Avernum 1-3) the "british fantasy" old-school RPG known as Nethergate is being beefed for an upcoming remake, probably using one of Spiderweb's improved engines such as the one used in Avernum 4.

The Broken Hourglass by Planewalker Games
This fantasy game looks alot like Baldurs Gate

Last edited:
Shouldn't Two Worlds be in there somewhere? And don't forget Grimoire!! :)

Added thoose, although I thought Two Worlds was a mmorpg

Added thoose, although I thought Two Worlds was a mmorpg

No, it's not an MMORPG. Only the game lobby (where you can chat, arrange trades and look for parties to join etc) is made up MMORPG-style (so basically like Battle.net but with a much improved and more sophisticated graphical representation of the lobby).
Otherwise, the game is a pretty ordinary single player and multiplayer RPG (with both modes strictly separated from each other so no coop single player campaign and no using single player characters in multiplayer or vice versa). At least that was the plan approximately a couple of months ago ;) .

Added Alien Shooter Vengeance, UFO: Afterlight and UFO: Extra Terrestials

OK, I'll Sticky this!! :)

Added "Stranger"

There is also Heart of Eternity, though nobody really knows if that one has even found a publisher -- let alone its completion status.

This is another Russian "action" CRPG that is very much like Gothic as far as gameplay mechanics go.

Added Heart of Eternity, Blood Magic, Dawn of Magic, The Fall and Vampire World.

Last edited:
I'd add Disciples III Renaisance to come out by the end of the year. Also Spiderweb's Jeff Vogel is reworking Nethergate which will probably come out this year, not to mention that Avernum V might see light of day (though not that likely).

Added Heart of Eternity, Blood Magic, Dawn of Magic, The Fall and Vampire World.

Aren't Blood Magic and Dawn of Magic the same game? And isn't The Fall about 2 years old already (in some parts of the world)?

Aren't Blood Magic and Dawn of Magic the same game? And isn't The Fall about 2 years old already (in some parts of the world)?

I checked up Blood Magic and Dawn of Magic and they seemed to be different but after verifying the screenshots you are right; they are the same. It's the third announced title with a very similar name from the same publisher which make it confusing.

The Fall is about 2 years old yes. Seeing it on the american/european market is wishful thinking but you never know.

Last edited:
I'd add Disciples III Renaisance to come out by the end of the year. Also Spiderweb's Jeff Vogel is reworking Nethergate which will probably come out this year, not to mention that Avernum V might see light of day (though not that likely).

I did not know Disciples had RPG elements. Added both D3 and Nethergate. I do not have any info about Avernum V. Even if it's likely it's unnanounced just like the NWN2 Expansion.

I checked up Blood Magic and Dawn of Magic and they seemed to be different. Blood Magic appeared more as a real RPG while Dawn of Magic was more a hack & slash diablo-clone.

Oh, I was basing it on this:

Dawn of Magic, SkyFallen's action/RPG where every class is some form of mage that was originally released in Russia and some territories as Blood Magic.

Yup, Disciples have RPG elements, so far in the series it's been very light, but for the next installment they promise improvements in this particular area

Shouldn't Nethergate Ressurection and Grimoire be in the indies section?

Btw, you could probably add Day Watch by Nival, there is not much info, and Night Watch wasn't the best received games, but still ...

Btw, you could probably add Day Watch by Nival, there is not much info, and Night Watch wasn't the best received games, but still ...

Hmmm ... I see the listing on GameSpot, but no details ... nor any mention on CDV or Nival's sites ...

I found some info about Day Watch and added it to the list. Also moved Nethergate and Grimoire. Unfortunally I now ran into the 10000 characters limit. I might have to bury the thread and start a new when more is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom