Risen If I want to become a warrior of the order - should I train up sword/axe b4 monastery

revjwh

Watchdog
I didn't know if I'd still be able to train sword or axe if I enter the monastery?

I have upped my strength massively - but will continue exploring outside if I need to up my sword/axe (haven't decided yet) skill .... don't want stuck with staff.

Thanks!

I don't think there is a sword or axe trainer in the monastery, but while in the monastery the only fighting you'll be doing is with a staff....and that is only 7 total fights IIRC. Four of them are dead simple, 5-6 only slightly tough, and the seventh can be ridiculously easy, or you can avoid it entirely.(Or it can be dam near impossible unless you toss the staff to fight him with a shield.)

Hmmm, if you go with sword or axe, will you be able to find somebody that will train you all the way to the top skill levels? It wouldn't be good if you trained up then found out the only trainer that could get you past sword level 5 is sitting in the enemy's camp.

I believe you can only train sword past 7 or 8 if you join Don. As I believe Fincher in Don's HQ is the only trainer that trains up to 10 (or at least the only one I found). There is also an ogre in there that trains axe, wouldn't be surprised if he was the only max axe trainer as well.

I think the same thing applies to staff (ie can't train all the way to 10 unless go Order side)

That is correct. Rank 7 is the highest you'll get Swords if you don't join the Don. However, there are 2x Rings of the Sword Fighter, so you can get it to 9 no matter what. 9 will always be enough, as 10 is not all that important.

Back
Top Bottom