Deathfire - A Bit of Story

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Guido Henkel provides some information on the story of Deathfire in his latest blog.

One by one they are disappearing
Friends, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers
When they return they aren't who you think

They look the same. They sound the same
But they are no longer the same...

The most unholy of spells incanted,
Undead fire burns in its victims' eyes...

The Nethermancer has spoken
His was the last voice they heard...
Before they were perverted into monsters with familiar faces

In a world without heroes
Who can you trust?

In a world where the dead are rising
Who can you turn to?
No one.
No one is safe

Can you save the world from everyone you ever cared about?

This, my friends, is the promotional snippet for Deathfire, designed to whet your appetites. Because of my vacations and all the stuff going on here, it has been a while since my last Developer Diary update, but today I thought, I'd give you a bit of a glimpse at the game's story.

As you can certainly tell from the blurb above, there are some sinister things going on in the world. From villages, people are disappearing at random. Families are torn apart and the people are mourning and heartbroken.
One by one they are disappearing
Friends, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers
When they return they aren’t who you think

They look the same. They sound the same
But they are no longer the same…

The most unholy of spells incanted,
Undead fire burns in its victims’ eyes…

The Nethermancer has spoken
His was the last voice they heard…
Before they were perverted into monsters with familiar faces

In a world without heroes
Who can you trust?

In a world where the dead are rising
Who can you turn to?
No one.
No one is safe

Can you save the world from everyone you ever cared about?

This, my friends, is the promotional snippet for Deathfire, designed to whet your appetites. Because of my vacations and all the stuff going on here, it has been a while since my last Developer Diary update, but today I thought, I’d give you a bit of a glimpse at the game’s story.

As you can certainly tell from the blurb above, there are some sinister things going on in the world. From villages, people are disappearing at random. Families are torn apart and the people are mourning and heartbroken.

- See more at: http://guidohenkel.com/2013/07/let-me-tell-you-a-story/#sthash.ll8QTp0J.dpuf
More information.

Not sure I want to know about the game's story before release. Am more interested in it's mechanics and what it's doing differently to other games in the genre - this is a first person blobber, I think, not dissimilar to Wiz or Grimrock, but hopefully with more depth (and less twitch) than the latter.

Back
Top Bottom