WoW - Blizzard Not Oppposed to F2P

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In a new article with Polygon Lead Designer Tom Chilton said Blizzard has no problem turning Warcraft into a F2P MMO.

Blizzard is no longer opposed to the idea of re-inventing the MMO as a free-to-play title, Chilton added, although the team is still unsure of the success rate of free-to-play games over time.

"For Blizzard it makes sense [to go free-to-play] at some point. But a lot of the risk is in making that transition. You hear stories about developers going free-to-play and getting double the number of players, but you don't always know it works out that way and how long it stays that way. We really don't know what the rate is before people drop off and lose interest."
More information.

So WoW is going f2p and a here comes whole bunch of us suckers who refused to pay monthly taxes to a whatnot company instead funding our own government.

In your dreams Blizzard. In this case I'd rather spend all my money on Origin or uPlay instead of letting Blizzard milk me.

Take away the whining about F2P, subscriptions, respawning, "hack'n'slash"(late by about a decade) and the sensationalism surrounding everything Bioware-related the Watch will be left with 1/3 of the posts it gets these days.

If it went F2P, then their servers would explode.

Back
Top Bottom