Witcher 3 - Race and Fantasy Tropes

Bloody hell, Chien, even these ancient greeks you keep mentioning would have no clue what you're talking about. ;)
And on the first part, it's logic bending strictly for game play…how would adding more "colored" people, enhance overall experience, even without missing context for it?
What it comes down to is that Witcher series was written by a man who had probably seen only a few people of other races in his life…literature in my own country has similar "issues".

Last edited:
For fucks sake… What a load of shit.

(Edit: And yeah, I'm talking about Chien's posts.)

Correctly me if I am wrong and yes I have participated in this conversation. Though wishing I had stayed far away from it.

So then the Witcher 3 shows us:

Woman are weak but strong, though weak again if they choice the wrong clothing.

Men are pricks, but nice, ugly, strong and good looking.

Blacks don't want to be hero's and don't really count.

Whites don't need blacks or any other race. Further more white men don't need woman either because they can adapt and dress up as woman.

So is this the same game I played, I know I haven't played the expansion so maybe I missed something.

The video product industry is based on one principle: providing people with what they desire. This is how it works and how success is achieved.
You sure?
I don't think so. I think it's based on "majority is ignorant and stupid so don't throw pearls to pigs, it's risky, might not sell well".

I don't think video (any) industry can meet one's actual desires.
Further more white men don't need woman either because they can adapt and dress up as woman.
Um… I don't think the topic is GTA5 Trevor. ;)

People who want to sell better fare when they deliver what people desire.
The video product industry is successful as they keep sending pearls to pigs worth billions dollars.

Bloody hell, Chien, even these ancient greeks you keep mentioning would have no clue what you're talking about. ;)

The ancient greeks are past and gone. They are relieved from having clue about anything.

Nevertheless, they did what they did. It is all that matters.
Self depicted innovative people are unable to come up with a better lame pretext.
The ancient greeks did not guzzle that many resources compared to some others.

And on the first part, it's logic bending strictly for game play…how would adding more "colored" people, enhance overall experience, even without missing context for it?

How would adding more "colored" people, diminish overall experience?

Gameplay? What is that? Gameplay does not rely on avatars. Story does. It is only when story takes precedence over gameplay that the issue of

Missing context? They are fictional works, the author decide what context is missing or not.

This is like trying to communicate with an alien form of life.
I'm not sure if Chien is mocking us or he operates on another plane of existence.

This is like trying to communicate with an alien form of life.
I'm not sure if Chien is mocking us or he operates on another plane of existence.

You need to know the code man, he is like sending in code!

He may be a troll, or a genius beyond our understanding, but we will never know.

I think what Chein is trying to say is that it doesn't matter what the 'reality' of your premise is, if you want to sell more copies then stuff in the usual ethnic varieties so that mr/s black/asian/mexican/Indian etc etc etc guy/gal can have a sense of interest in your product.

The world has sped-up quite dramatically in the past 2 decades and there's lots of disposable income all over the planet, so why not angle for it all instead of a niche, that's the point of 'going mainstream' in the first place. And those are the issues that anyone will face if they try to push their product into the 'mainstream'.

I'm not taking sides in this debate as I'm not a Witcher fan and can see the logic from both angles, but I thought I'd pop in and translate for chein, mainly to save the thread from multiple pages of trash-posts.

I love Chien's posts :)

You gotta admit this is a great line.

The ancient greeks are past and gone. They are relieved from having clue about anything.

Honestly, it never occurred to me that there is a lack of diversity of skin color in TW3. Now that I think of it, it never occurred to me that there was plenty of diversity of skin color in recent games I played like Risen 3 and DA Inquisition. I think that's me not being a racist. But since I'm white I suppose it's white privlege and racial indifference at work here. More likely is that too many people are too obsessed with racism and see it in everything. Even Star Wars is racist.

http://http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-melissa-harris-perry-star-wars-is-racist-because-darth-vader-is-a-black-guy/

Back
Top Bottom