The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread

awfully close to the word "wanker"

We used to get away with words like 'wanker' in America. In recent times, I think more British culture has flowed across the Atlantic, and now they know all our obscure profanities. :biggrin:

We used to get away with words like 'wanker' in America. In recent times, I think more British culture has flowed across the Atlantic, and now they know all our obscure profanities. :biggrin:

Oh bollocks - I can't call people wankers anymore?

And when you put bollocks and wankers together, you get BANKERS!! :)

Funnily enough, the term 'Merchant Banker' is cockney rhyming slang for wanker. So when you hear a London cab driver referring to another traffic user as "a complete merchant", you can bet he's not referring to his trading skillz…

I'll never get a new dog. <because it is so tough when they die and I loved my old one too much>

Look at the trick I thought my new dog... this meatball is a german <dog not eating it> < laughter > I love this dog.

Their game of monopoly is also an instant classic.

I really should re-watch that show.

Riget was entertaining, but it sort of fell apart at the end.

I think Von Trier is extremely overrated, personally. He seems to be making films based on his own personal issues - and he's too fond of provoking people instead of coming up with real content.

Still, can't deny he has a certain talent - even if much of his visual style seems to stem more or less directly from Tarkovsky.

I'm much more fond of Thomas Vinterberg, if we're talking danish directors. Also, Bille August used to be great, but seems to have lost most of his touch.

I enjoyed a lot of Von Triers films.

Melancholia is a bit of a masterpiece. It's one of those films that leaves an impression on you for days after watching it. Dogville was a great story told in a very unique way. Antichrist had its moments.

I really like that leading women he always works with. Such a good actor! I struggled through part one of Nymphomanic, for example, but when the focus went to her for the second part it got much more watchable.

Actually, Nicolas Winding Refn, another Danish director, is my favourite director. I know it got critically slammed, but Only God Forgives was such a good movie. I'm really looking forward to his new movie "The Neon Demon", which, I hear, stars Keanu Reaves! WOAH!

I'm gonna have to look up some Thomas Vinterberg. Not sure about Matador... I generally don't do TV shows unless its "always sunny in Philadelphia" :)

Omg, guys, no. :) Despite everything, the Watch has been fairly quiet. The last thing we need is to resummon someone who has a fetish for arguing over everything, ever. :)

Omg, guys, no. :) Despite everything, the Watch has been fairly quiet. The last thing we need is to resummon someone who has a fetish for arguing over everything, ever. :)

I will say it again Elven gold, and yes the Watch does need his need to take any side that he may choose that day.

i will say it again elven gold, and yes the watch does need his need to take any side that he may choose that day.

No...

Please, no...no more arbitrary whim...

In the Commonwealth and various locales in Tamriel, I believe. Maybe I'll run into him. :)
Well if you meet him in Tamriel let me know as I feel like Griefing again.:biggrin:

Kidnapped by the Codex, they want Elven gold for his release.

I'm confused. Do they want Elven gold to release him or to hold him hostage for a longer time?

Oh, if he's lost on the Euro ESO server, I hope it's not too late to send a search party. Cassius and the Scaly Bunch will look out for him - unless he's not held hostage on Covenant territory. In that case the search will take a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom