Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight 01/10/08

I see.

Never heard of this one before.

But I know very little of Dragonlance either.

As a sidenote, after all these years I still can't understand why someone calls himself Jaw Sutherland ("Kiefer" means "Jaw" in German).
I believe he didn't know that.

I know a family where a boy is called Arend (Eagle), another called Eland (Moose) and the daugther Savanne (Savanna). Now Donald probadly had no idea that the name Kiefer meant this in German, but those (Dutch speaking)parents took knowingly such names for their kids.

On topic: This is what I call absolutely horrible -> I wouldn't even watch this when it comes out on tv.

The name "Keifer" is a take-off on the word for a form of marijuana or the effect therof, keif. Those sixties Hollywood guys...

I enjoyed the main Dragonlance books (those by Weis/Hickman) and stayed away from the rest. The original Chronicles trilogy was good, although there were a few resumed sequences which ruined it a little, like the one where the origin of the draconians is revealed. I mean, this was one of the biggest plot twists (in my opinion) but its impact was diminished a lot because of it.

I taken a look at the clips, and I liked it. It reminded me a lot of the "Record of Lodoss War" anime. This could be interesting.

I too got a distinct anime feeling from the clips. The artwork feels like a blend of old (Dragonball era) anime and American pulp cartoons (He-man?) from my youth.

EDIT: I just hope they dont use anime style fighting scenes, as that would be beyond dreadful...

Reminded me more of he-man than dragonball.
Where did you see the dragonball resemblence?
Oh the sweet memories of he - man.

I read the first of the trilogy of dragonlance. it was an interesting, addictive and fun read. Need to read the others soon

It's been a while since I watched Dragonball, but the characters somehow reminded me of some badguy named Piccolo or somesuch:)

I too got a distinct anime feeling from the clips. The artwork feels like a blend of old (Dragonball era) anime and American pulp cartoons (He-man?) from my youth.

EDIT: I just hope they dont use anime style fighting scenes, as that would be beyond dreadful...

I` Have To Agree With You Zaleukos For The He-Man!! Part, Also i see a little portal for this as Well it was made old style Grafix its a little out of date,, Not" that i mind it but why dont they but more effort in it and make it better looking like Nemo for exsample :idea:

Well, while strolling through the local Hollywood video today, I noticed this is out and picked it up. I intend to watch it today or tomorrow so I'll let you know what I think.

Temper your expectations. It was fun from a standpoint of finally seeing a visualization of these great books, but the animation is lacking (to be kind), the story is very rushed and several things about it just seem off from the original story.

Ohh, and I wanted to strangle Tas. Yeah, I know kenders are supposed to drive you nuts, but I didn't know it was because of the sound of their voices!

Back
Top Bottom