Lord British in space

I didn't have any idea about him being rich, either.

I had no idea Garriot was that fabulously rich.

He sold Origin to EA. That alone must have made him a nice double digit xx million $ figure. In fact Wikipedia says it was $35 million which he probably had to share to some extent or maybe even 50/50 with his bro Robert. If he put that money to good use (i.e. good investments) then he's certainly become quite the rich mofo over the years so that the space trip became comfortably affordable for him.

He is lord Brittish how can he not be rich ?

Good point. Have you ever killed one of his guards and snuck into his basement? *Whistles* this is a man who doesn't believe in paper currency.

In all seriousness he touched down today after spending 10 days in space - I assume some of it in the lab

http://www.space.com/common/media/video.php?videoRef=SP_081010_garriotts1

The space community is making a big deal of him and Volkov's 2nd generation status and space.com has a video of him and his father.

It looks like Richard did not fly up in armour or even his tights. That might have been more entertaining.

As well they report that Richard spent the bulk of his fortune on it. So if you are down in Texas and you see a man begging just remember your virtue will go up 1% for every 100gp you give him (spend wisely, 8 human being can only carry 9999gp at one time after all).

Back
Top Bottom