White Gold - Preview @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CVG had the last White Gold preview we posted but now they have another courtesy of PC Zone. Here's an excerpt:
Deep Shadows have claimed to be in possession of a map totalling somewhere in the region of 140sq km (wait, what?), some of it being underwater too, with the Ukrainian developers citing one particular mission asking you to swim down to a shipwreck (we're guessing to retrieve some drugs).

It could be good, because it could be what Boiling Point should have been, and Boiling Point should have been good. It's open-ended, in a Grand Theft Auto way rather than an Oblivion way, but it shares the kooky RPG aspects of its predecessor.
Thanks, Acleacius.
More information.

So looks like they decreased the size drastically from Boiling Point (640 sq. km.) and I hope it helps to make the game better then it. I like that the rpg system is also much better then the first game and might get me to play this for a much longer time and enjoy it much more.

Well, i've read both 125 and 140 sq Miles.

For comparison:
125sq miles = ~324 sq km
140sq miles = ~360 sq km

Also BP ended up being more like 480 sq km i think so there's not a massive difference. Although seeing as it's set on a series of islands alot of the "filler" will be water rather than jungle.

It could be good, because it could be what Boiling Point should have been, and Boiling Point should have been good. It's open-ended, in a Grand Theft Auto way rather than an Oblivion way, but it shares the kooky RPG aspects of its predecessor.

I hope all of that comes to pass ...

Back
Top Bottom